Archive | Wage & Hour RSS feed for this section
Rena Pirsos August 7, 2014
In today’s corporate environment of multistate operations and frequent layoffs, it is vital for employers that pay employees in more than one state to stay abreast of the termination pay laws. State laws and regulations dictate when an employer must… continue
David Weisenfeld June 24, 2014
The White House hosted its first-ever Summit on Working Families on Monday, and it came not a moment too soon. When New York Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy dared to miss the first two games of the baseball season on… continue
David Weisenfeld August 9, 2013
In a new XpertHR podcast, key members of our US editorial team discuss the impact on HR of the historic US Supreme Court ruling in United States v. Windsor to strike down Section 3 of the federal Defense of Marriage… continue
Rena Pirsos July 23, 2013
A new XpertHR infographic provides an in-depth look at the history of US payroll taxes and how employers have rapidly become the nation’s central tax collector. It’s no secret the US tax system has become so complex over the past… continue
Michael Cardman July 1, 2013
We present four common misconceptions about overtime requirements under the United States’ Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Myth # 1 – You’re salaried, so you don’t get overtime Being paid a salary is a prerequisite for many of the FLSA’s… continue
Beth Zoller March 7, 2013
As we celebrate Women’s History Month in March, we recognize that 2013 marks the 50th anniversary of Betty Friedan’s life changing book The Feminine Mystique which ignited the women’s liberation movement and caused immense social and political change on all… continue
Michael Cardman February 6, 2013
Why does the number of lawsuits filed under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) keep rising every year? Some oft-repeated answers include: The bad economy led to layoffs, which in turn led to disgruntled workers filing more lawsuits; The FLSA’s… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How Employers Can Detect Lies and Deception: #SHRM18 June 21, 2018
- #SHRM18 Chicago: Never Forget Why People Matter June 19, 2018
- Dozens of New Employment Laws Across the US Come Into Effect July 1 June 18, 2018
- Hiring Those With Criminal Backgrounds: Leading the Conversation June 11, 2018
- Federal, State AND Local, Oh My! 5 Local Trends Challenging HR June 6, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence