Archive | Talent Management RSS feed for this section
David Weisenfeld March 29, 2019
When it comes to employee engagement, many employers are talking a good game. Indeed, the phrase has become popular among corporate leaders. But are companies actually moving the needle? A Gallup report from a few years ago estimated that US… continue
David Weisenfeld January 28, 2019
Last year, I coached my son’s basketball team in the town’s youth basketball league. The NBA Championship was hardly at stake, although you might not have been sure of that the way a couple of the parents reacted to referees’… continue
Linda Pophal January 24, 2019
Trust in major institutions is at an all-time low. The 2019 Edelman Trust Barometer revealed 9-point drop in trust among the general public—and a 23-point drop among the “informed public.” “The United States is enduring an unprecedented crisis of trust,”… continue
Robert Teachout December 19, 2018
At the heart of any performance appraisal system lies the meeting between each employee and his or her immediate manager at which the employee’s performance is reviewed and plans are made for the coming performance cycle. But the formal performance… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
Linda Pophal July 26, 2018
Recently there have been some emerging media reports about older workers feeling discriminated against, both during the hiring process and in some high profile layoffs/reorganizations (e.g. IBM) where older workers are being shown the door in favor of younger colleagues… continue
David Weisenfeld July 20, 2018
The “gig economy” has been called a game changer for the relationship between companies and their employees. The rise of Uber, Lyft, GrubHub and others has drawn a good deal of attention to alternative work arrangements. But a recent Bureau… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 13, 2018
Did World Cup fever infiltrate your office this summer? Employee symptoms may include: Flex-time or time-off requests so employees can watch games; Frequent gatherings in break rooms or conference rooms with TVs; Quieter offices during World Cup games; Bright colored… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 8, 2018
Do your employees have trouble disconnecting from work? Are they logged on to workforce systems at all hours of the day and night? Do they answer emails while on vacation or over the weekend? In the era of smartphones, tablets… continue
Marta Moakley April 11, 2018
HR professionals already know why it is so important to retain top performers. Retention of top talent: Aids in meeting business goals; Improves production continuity; Increases institutional memory; Reduces undesirable turnover; and Limits recruitment, onboarding and training costs. But sometimes… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- July 1 Compliance Deadlines Coming Up for Employers June 19, 2019
- Closing the Strategic Gaps Between HR and Senior Leadership June 12, 2019
- Should Employers Rethink Drug Testing Amidst Marijuana Legalization? June 10, 2019
- 5 Ways Your Company May Be Discriminating Against LGBT Employees June 7, 2019
- Why Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Remains Compelling May 31, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence