Archive | Talent Acquisition RSS feed for this section
David Weisenfeld July 12, 2013
The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) is one of the newer US employment laws, and has already led to lawsuits against employers, including one that sparked a $50,000 settlement. To become aware of the risks and learn how to avoid… continue
Melissa Burdorf May 16, 2013
What’s the best approach to take on parental leave benefits when it comes to recruiting and retaining existing, new or expectant parents? Is it all about paid leave? Or should the focus be on work-life balance? Or maybe a little… continue
Beth Zoller March 7, 2013
As we celebrate Women’s History Month in March, we recognize that 2013 marks the 50th anniversary of Betty Friedan’s life changing book The Feminine Mystique which ignited the women’s liberation movement and caused immense social and political change on all… continue
David Weisenfeld February 8, 2013
Notre Dame football captain Manti Te’o had many shedding tears last fall when he told a live NBC television audience about his girlfriend’s death from leukemia and its impact on him. Some credited the story with helping inspire the team’s… continue
Beth Zoller January 18, 2013
As the US prepares to honor Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, it is a fitting tribute that this year’s holiday falls on the same day as President Barack Obama’s second inauguration. With this summer marking the 50th anniversary of the… continue
Marta Moakley October 19, 2012
It’s that time of year again. The leaves are changing. There’s a chill in the air. And Americans are asking the age-old question, trick or treat? Personally, I’ve never quite understood the choice: I’ll take the treat any day. Well,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- 2019 Mass Shootings Shed Spotlight on Active Shooter Situations August 14, 2019
- Top 10 HR Pain Points for Health Care Employers August 9, 2019
- What Employers Need to Know Now About Pregnancy Accommodations August 1, 2019
- Mets Behaving Badly: What to Do When Employees Don’t Apologize July 23, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence