Archive | Talent Acquisition RSS feed for this section
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 9, 2019
Do health care professionals have certain HR pain points that are more prevalent because of their industry? Although HR departments in all industries face many of the same workforce issues and struggles, some issues may be more common or a… continue
David Weisenfeld June 10, 2019
While marijuana remains illegal under federal law, 33 states have legalized medical marijuana use and another 10, plus the District of Columbia, have legalized some form of recreational use. It’s a trend that only figures to grow in the coming… continue
Beth Zoller January 10, 2019
Developing and maintaining clear, concise and informative job descriptions is a significant part of the recruiting and hiring process. A good job description not only identifies the key components, qualifications and essential job functions, but it also provides an idea… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
Beth Zoller August 1, 2018
You have reached out again and again, but there is radio silence on the other end. No phone call, no email, not even a text or a LinkedIn message. The other person has just vanished. You have been officially ghosted.… continue
Linda Pophal July 26, 2018
Recently there have been some emerging media reports about older workers feeling discriminated against, both during the hiring process and in some high profile layoffs/reorganizations (e.g. IBM) where older workers are being shown the door in favor of younger colleagues… continue
David Weisenfeld July 20, 2018
The “gig economy” has been called a game changer for the relationship between companies and their employees. The rise of Uber, Lyft, GrubHub and others has drawn a good deal of attention to alternative work arrangements. But a recent Bureau… continue
Robert Teachout June 11, 2018
Despite the fact that getting a job with a living wage decreases the risk that an individual will commit another crime, society places many barriers to people with criminal records re-entering the workforce. Many state regulations have occupational licensing requirements… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer June 6, 2018
Along with states, municipalities are leading the way in expanding employee rights by enacting various laws to protect workers and expand their rights. So, if keeping up with state and federal law updates is not challenging enough, employers now find… continue
Michael Cardman May 16, 2018
As schools let out and the days get hotter, your company may be looking to take on a summer intern. If you’re looking to have someone perform menial office tasks like stuffing envelopes or making photocopies, then you had better… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- 2019 Mass Shootings Shed Spotlight on Active Shooter Situations August 14, 2019
- Top 10 HR Pain Points for Health Care Employers August 9, 2019
- What Employers Need to Know Now About Pregnancy Accommodations August 1, 2019
- Mets Behaving Badly: What to Do When Employees Don’t Apologize July 23, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence