Archive | Talent Acquisition RSS feed for this section
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
Beth Zoller August 1, 2018
You have reached out again and again, but there is radio silence on the other end. No phone call, no email, not even a text or a LinkedIn message. The other person has just vanished. You have been officially ghosted.… continue
Linda Pophal July 26, 2018
Recently there have been some emerging media reports about older workers feeling discriminated against, both during the hiring process and in some high profile layoffs/reorganizations (e.g. IBM) where older workers are being shown the door in favor of younger colleagues… continue
David Weisenfeld July 20, 2018
The “gig economy” has been called a game changer for the relationship between companies and their employees. The rise of Uber, Lyft, GrubHub and others has drawn a good deal of attention to alternative work arrangements. But a recent Bureau… continue
Robert Teachout June 11, 2018
Despite the fact that getting a job with a living wage decreases the risk that an individual will commit another crime, society places many barriers to people with criminal records re-entering the workforce. Many state regulations have occupational licensing requirements… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer June 6, 2018
Along with states, municipalities are leading the way in expanding employee rights by enacting various laws to protect workers and expand their rights. So, if keeping up with state and federal law updates is not challenging enough, employers now find… continue
Michael Cardman May 16, 2018
As schools let out and the days get hotter, your company may be looking to take on a summer intern. If you’re looking to have someone perform menial office tasks like stuffing envelopes or making photocopies, then you had better… continue
Beth Zoller April 30, 2018
Among the hottest trends an employer needs to be aware of in the US today is the push for pay equity and the multiple efforts to close the persistent wage gap between men and women. It is essential for employers… continue
Melissa Silver April 3, 2018
With the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) tripling its number of officers and quintupling the number of enforcement actions in 2018, employers need to be proactive and ensure that their Form I-9 practices are in compliance. Otherwise, employers can… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer February 22, 2018
Employers are increasingly using social media as a recruiting tool to reach job candidates. However, while platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn may be a good way to find potential new superstar employees, employers need to be careful to avoid age… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Unlimited Vacation Time Presents Pros and Cons for Employers October 16, 2018
- Workplace Sexual Harassment Prevention: One Year After #MeToo October 9, 2018
- HR Pros Brace for Open Enrollment Season October 4, 2018
- 5 Things Employers Need to Know About Domestic Violence at Work October 1, 2018
- Determining What Your CEO Cares About (And Adjusting Your Messaging Appropriately) September 26, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence