Tag Archives | workplace violence
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce February 18, 2016
As recent events have made tragically clear, the number of active shooter events in the workplace seem to be becoming increasingly common. As a result, employers are struggling with how best to prepare their employees and protect the workplace in… continue
David Weisenfeld January 25, 2016
Despite Netflix making big news with its one-year paid parental leave policy, many US companies still offer no paid parental leave at all. According to SHRM’s 2015 Employer Benefits Survey, only 21% of employers offered some type of paid maternity… continue
David Weisenfeld August 31, 2015
Are there any reasons why an employer would not talk about disruptive workplace behavior as part of a reference check? A reporter asked me that question in the wake of the Virginia shooting deaths of reporter Alison Parker and cameraman… continue
Beth Zoller September 24, 2014
The recent controversy surrounding several National Football League players, including Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and others, has once again brought domestic violence into the spotlight. But domestic violence is not limited to the NFL and can affect all sorts of… continue
David Weisenfeld May 15, 2014
It’s no secret that bullying is no longer simply the domain of the schoolyard. As many as 25 percent of US employees are reportedly harassed, threatened or attacked at work. There also are more than 1.5-million victims of workplace violence… continue
Beth Zoller September 30, 2013
US retailers experience higher rates of violence, such as robberies and assaults, than workplaces in other industries for a variety of reasons. For example, a good deal of cash is often exchanged in retail workplaces. What’s more, retail establishments are… continue
Beth Zoller January 31, 2013
More than a month has passed since the horrific massacre in Newtown, Connecticut. Ordinary teachers and precious young children who were going about their day like any other were gunned down in the worst elementary school shooting this country has… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Next Stop for Employers – 2020 September 12, 2019
- 10 Key Steps to Take Before and After a Hurricane Hits September 10, 2019
- 6 Things Employers Should Know About the EEO-1 Report Component 2 August 28, 2019
- Why Trendy Employee Benefit Options May Have Unintended Negative Consequences August 23, 2019
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence