Tag Archives | workplace violence
David Weisenfeld May 15, 2014
It’s no secret that bullying is no longer simply the domain of the schoolyard. As many as 25 percent of US employees are reportedly harassed, threatened or attacked at work. There also are more than 1.5-million victims of workplace violence… continue
Beth Zoller September 30, 2013
US retailers experience higher rates of violence, such as robberies and assaults, than workplaces in other industries for a variety of reasons. For example, a good deal of cash is often exchanged in retail workplaces. What’s more, retail establishments are… continue
Beth Zoller January 31, 2013
More than a month has passed since the horrific massacre in Newtown, Connecticut. Ordinary teachers and precious young children who were going about their day like any other were gunned down in the worst elementary school shooting this country has… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How Employers Can Detect Lies and Deception: #SHRM18 June 21, 2018
- #SHRM18 Chicago: Never Forget Why People Matter June 19, 2018
- Dozens of New Employment Laws Across the US Come Into Effect July 1 June 18, 2018
- Hiring Those With Criminal Backgrounds: Leading the Conversation June 11, 2018
- Federal, State AND Local, Oh My! 5 Local Trends Challenging HR June 6, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence