Tag Archives | whistleblower
David Weisenfeld August 7, 2018
This past term, the Supreme Court issued key rulings for employers involving arbitration and whistleblower law, leaving little doubt where it stood on employment issues, while also dealing a significant setback to unions nationwide with its blockbuster ruling in Janus… continue
Michael Jacobson September 28, 2016
I had the privilege of attending the 25th annual Garden State SHRM Conference and Expo over the weekend in Atlantic City, where some of the brightest minds in HR got together to talk about hot topics in employment law for… continue
Michael Jacobson August 24, 2016
You may have noticed, but brick and mortar retail stores are not doing so hot these days. It’s hard not to notice with the bevy of big box stores closing in neighborhoods everywhere, leaving strip malls with giant, shuttered eyesores… continue
Michael Jacobson July 27, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve Your company’s stance on politically-charged discourse at work says a lot about company culture, but it’s also an important indicator of… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Pressing Questions on Reasonable Accommodations under the ADA and FMLA April 17, 2019
- Why Paid Family Leave Should Be on Your Radar – If It Isn’t Already April 10, 2019
- Sexual Harassment Prevention: Employers Must Do More April 2, 2019
- How to Keep Your Best Employees From Walking Out the Door March 29, 2019
- #SHRMLEG 2019 Fireside Chat: Future of Work Involves More Employee, Social Issues Engagement March 22, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence