Tag Archives | wage and hour
Michael Jacobson February 24, 2016
As Apple continues its slugfest with the federal government over access to the San Bernardino shooter’s iPhone (the Department of Justice now wants Apple to decrypt 12 additional iPhones for unrelated, non-terror-related crimes), employers and HR professionals should closely monitor… continue
Michael Cardman February 2, 2016
Remember Goofus and Gallant from Highlights for Children magazine? Gallant was always doing the right thing, putting his toys away and playing nice with others, while Goofus did the opposite. The idea was that you can learn a lot from… continue
Michael Jacobson November 24, 2015
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve The NLRB’s joint employer ruling is still hanging over employers’ heads, but at least one employer can be thankful entering this holiday season. … continue
David Weisenfeld August 25, 2015
More than 30 million Americans work remotely at least one day per week. And telecommuting is likely to increase even further in the years ahead. But a virtual work world also brings along many potential compliance issues that an employer… continue
Michael Cardman January 8, 2015
Wage and hour issues have presented significant compliance challenges for HR during the past several years, and 2015 promises to be no different. Here are three trends that should be on everyone’s radar screen for the upcoming year.
1. State… continue
1. State… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How HR Challenges Will Change and Evolve in 2019 September 18, 2018
- 7 Ways to Ease Open Enrollment Headaches for 2019 September 12, 2018
- Why Zero-Tolerance Policies Make Little Sense September 7, 2018
- Hurricane-Related Hazards Blow in for Employers September 4, 2018
- How to Prepare for Back-to-School Leave Requests August 29, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence