Tag Archives | Talent Acquisition
Robert Teachout June 11, 2018
Despite the fact that getting a job with a living wage decreases the risk that an individual will commit another crime, society places many barriers to people with criminal records re-entering the workforce. Many state regulations have occupational licensing requirements… continue
Linda Pophal December 4, 2017
HR professionals have been hearing for years about the importance of gaining financial acumen to serve most effectively in a strategic role and, ultimately, rise to higher ranks within the organization. Finance remains an important skill, but there’s another skill… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 7, 2017
I have a confession to make: I’m a millennial. Now granted, I’m an “older” millennial that remembers playing the Oregon Trail computer game as a kid, but technically I am still a member of Generation Y. We’re also known by… continue
Melissa Silver March 8, 2017
What makes millennial workers different from those of other generations? Are they the spoiled, self-centered, instant gratification workers as sometimes portrayed, or are they the team-oriented, multi-taskers who are tech-savvy? While it’s possible they could have all of these attributes,… continue
Linda Pophal November 28, 2016
The human resource function has long been considered to be somewhat “soft” in terms of being able to apply hard data to prove the value of recruitment and retention activities. From the standpoint of HR pros, they simply “know” that… continue
Michael Jacobson June 15, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve. The job market is stuck in a rut and it’s not because of people clamoring for jobs. In fact, it’s the… continue
Michael Jacobson October 15, 2013
The US pharmaceutical industry is a profit-generating powerhouse. And while those big dollars continue to roll in, the population continues to age and technology continues to improve, paving the way for new drugs, new medical devices and (you guessed it)… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Vacation Mode: How to Engage Employees with Summer Perks August 14, 2018
- Pro-Employer Supreme Court Term Featured Arbitration, Union Fees and Whistleblowers August 7, 2018
- Scandals Continue Casting Spotlight on Sexual Harassment August 6, 2018
- Ghosting in the Hiring Process: What It Is and How to Stop It August 1, 2018
- Is Age Discrimination Coming Out of the Shadows? July 26, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence