Tag Archives | sexual orientation
Beth Zoller November 15, 2018
The 2018 midterm election was historic for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). With significant victories on the state and local level, LGBT individuals are making inroads as shown by Colorado electing Jared Polis as the nation’s… continue
Michael Jacobson November 30, 2017
At some point in the not too distant future, “Blockchain” technology will revolutionize how we do business. That isn’t so much a prediction as it is a certainty, as the technology itself (not necessarily the various “currencies” that have grown… continue
David Weisenfeld March 29, 2017
It never ceases to amaze how something an employee would never say at the office watercooler can pop up on Facebook or Twitter without the slightest hesitation. A pair of social media posts from employees on disparate ends of the… continue
Beth Zoller January 13, 2017
“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal… I have a dream that my… continue
Beth Zoller September 23, 2016
Against the backdrop of the Empire State’s Adirondack Mountains, stunning lakes and fall foliage that was just beginning to peek through this week, I had the privilege to speak at the New York State Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)… continue
Beth Zoller August 29, 2016
The struggle for equal rights for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) has moved into the forefront more than ever before, and it’s having a dramatic impact on workplaces that are becoming increasingly diverse. Although Title VII… continue
Michael Jacobson March 23, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve If you’re in HR, March is probably one of your favorite times of year. There are no messy open enrollment or year-end issues… continue
Ashley Shaw August 17, 2015
Are you an employer or HR professional in Texas? If so, you are surely aware it’s a big state to say the least. How big? In an article for Business Insider, Elena Holodny details some facts to illustrate. Texas is… continue
David Weisenfeld July 20, 2015
The reverberations are still being felt from the Supreme Court’s blockbuster June 26 decision to legalize gay marriage nationwide. The finding in Obergefell v. Hodges that state same-sex marriage bans violated the Constitution’s Equal Protection Clause left no doubt where… continue
David Weisenfeld April 21, 2015
When Indiana Governor Mike Pence signed a state Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) in late March allowing any for-profit business to bring a free exercise of religion claim, he had no idea of the uproar that would ensue. Employers such… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Don’t Get Burned by These Tricky Workplace Summer Issues May 14, 2019
- Is a Voluntary Exit Incentive Plan Right for Your Organization? May 10, 2019
- 5 Ways Employers Can Alleviate Anxiety Over Agency Audits May 3, 2019
- The 4 C’s of Achieving a Workplace Culture Fit April 29, 2019
- DOL’s Overtime Exemption Increase – And Why Time Is of the Essence April 25, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence