Tag Archives | sexual harassment
Michael Jacobson October 30, 2015
The 800-pound gorilla in the office is (likely) wearing a suit and tie. Equal pay is dominating the headlines of late, with both California and New York acting to close the stubborn 20% wage gap between men and women. Whereas… continue
Michael Jacobson October 28, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve The HR world held its collective breath as legislative juggernauts California and New York released a wave of new employment laws in the past… continue
Michael Jacobson September 1, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve The National Labor Relations Board is at it again and this time, it may just have rocked the entire business world. On August 27, the… continue
Marta Moakley August 3, 2015
Sexual harassment training has become a rite of passage for new supervisors in certain states. For example, for California employers, supervisors must attend training every two years. Various other states have sexual harassment prevention requirements for private and public employers.… continue
Beth Zoller January 29, 2015
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the recent XpertHR webinar on romance in the workplace discussed legal requirements and best practices for employers to follow in order to minimize their risks. The webinar also explored sexual harassment in the workplace… continue
David Weisenfeld November 21, 2014
It’s that bewitching time of year again when employer holiday party plans are underway. These workplace celebrations aim to be festive. But as John Steinbeck once famously wrote, paraphrasing poet Robert Burns, “The best laid plans of mice and men… continue
Beth Zoller February 13, 2013
With Valentine’s Day approaching, many couples around the globe will celebrate with wine and roses. However, it seems as if each month there is a new story in the headlines about relationships in the workplace gone sour. Last month,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How Employers Can Prepare for Cold and Flu Season February 19, 2019
- New 2019 California Employment Laws Creating Compliance Challenges February 15, 2019
- Valentine’s Day in the #MeToo Era: What’s Appropriate Behavior? February 12, 2019
- 8 Key Challenges for Global Employers February 8, 2019
- Today’s Workplace: The Importance of Keeping It Real January 28, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence