Tag Archives | sexual harassment
Marta Moakley October 9, 2018
Hand drawing red circly around the words #MeToo The #MeToo movement has just celebrated its first anniversary after a year marked by a host of high-profile resignations and terminations across a number of industries. While the movement has divided the… continue
David Weisenfeld June 21, 2018
Can you tell if someone is lying during an internal investigation? The truth is most people can’t because they’re looking for the wrong cues, said Michael Wade Johnson during a riveting presentation at the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM)… continue
Marta Moakley May 30, 2018
The #MeToo and #TimesUp movements are going strong. It seems like every day there is an evolving story: New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman blocks the acquisition of the scandal-ridden Weinstein Company one week, resigns in disgrace the next. Uber… continue
Michael Jacobson May 2, 2018
Let’s be fair and assume that when you did your most recent handbook update – historically that would be end of 2017 or early 2018 – you prudently accounted for the dozens of laws that would change around the country… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer April 13, 2018
Sexual harassment policies and training will remain a concern to many employers in 2018, according to a recent XpertHR survey. The survey revealed that employers plan to tackle the issue in a variety of ways, including: Updating their sexual harassment… continue
Michael Jacobson March 30, 2018
It has been happening for years, right under our collective noses. You always knew it was out there, happening to other people, but you thought it could never happen to you. You figured you’d have some advance notice; that the… continue
Beth Zoller March 20, 2018
March is Women’s History Month, and it marks 55 years since the Equal Pay Act was enacted and 54 years since Title VII of the Civil Rights Act has been the law of the land. And yet women continue to… continue
David Weisenfeld February 15, 2018
The fall of 2017 may forever be remembered for launching the #metoo movement as bombshell sexual harassment claims against big names arose seemingly every other day. A series of high-profile employers were quick to terminate or force big-name employees out… continue
Beth Zoller February 14, 2018
With Valentine’s Day upon us, love is in the air and very much in the workplace. In today’s society, it seems rather natural for individuals to meet at work and form close friendships as well as romantic relationships. However, when… continue
David Weisenfeld January 10, 2018
It’s been three months since the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment news broke, but the bombshell revelations involving big names keep on coming. From Charlie Rose to Matt Lauer, Kevin Spacey, Al Franken, Peter Martins and too many others to mention,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Unlimited Vacation Time Presents Pros and Cons for Employers October 16, 2018
- Workplace Sexual Harassment Prevention: One Year After #MeToo October 9, 2018
- HR Pros Brace for Open Enrollment Season October 4, 2018
- 5 Things Employers Need to Know About Domestic Violence at Work October 1, 2018
- Determining What Your CEO Cares About (And Adjusting Your Messaging Appropriately) September 26, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence