Tag Archives | reasonable accommodations
Beth Zoller November 17, 2015
The US workforce is rapidly aging, so how can employers adapt? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, one in five American workers is over 65 and by 2020, almost 32 percent of the population between 65 and 74 will… continue
Beth Zoller November 4, 2014
When it comes to employee handbooks, employers should commit to managing them as ever-evolving documents which should be kept current and updated and amended based on changes and trends in the law, culture and society. Here are five need to… continue
Beth Zoller September 12, 2013
Women now make up over 50 percent of the workforce. Many of these women are pregnant employees and new mothers. With a significant number of women working later into their pregnancies than ever before, employers face a number of issues… continue
Marta Moakley February 14, 2013
In honor of President’s Day, I thought it’d be fun to take the Performance Appraisal process to the West Wing. Each day this week, I will be discussing the art of communicating performance reviews while applying the theme of… continue
Melissa Burdorf December 19, 2012
As a born and raised jersey girl when I first saw the devastation of Hurricane Sandy I could barely breathe. I immediately felt a need to get in my car and take that parkway south drive to the jersey shore… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How Employers Can Detect Lies and Deception: #SHRM18 June 21, 2018
- #SHRM18 Chicago: Never Forget Why People Matter June 19, 2018
- Dozens of New Employment Laws Across the US Come Into Effect July 1 June 18, 2018
- Hiring Those With Criminal Backgrounds: Leading the Conversation June 11, 2018
- Federal, State AND Local, Oh My! 5 Local Trends Challenging HR June 6, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence