Tag Archives | misclassification of employees
David Weisenfeld September 20, 2016
With the number of freelance or contract workers very much on the rise, a new term “the gig economy” has grown along with it. The gig economy refers to the contingent workforce operating in a digital marketplace, and Fisher Phillips… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce October 21, 2015
Employers are still feeling the shockwaves from the National Labor Relations Board’s recent expansion of what qualifies as a “joint employer” in a ruling that potentially alters longstanding business models. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Greenberg Traurig attorney Todd Wozniak … continue
Michael Jacobson September 30, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve Mega-contractor Haliburton will pay dearly for FLSA missteps, to the tune of over $18.3 million. In what the DOL said was one of the “largest… continue
Beth Zoller May 19, 2015
California employers face a host of unique employment law issues at both the state and local levels that must be taken into account when developing, implementing and enforcing employee handbooks. Littler Mendelson employment attorneys Chris Cobey and Ben Emmert, of… continue
David Weisenfeld January 20, 2015
Is wage theft on the rise among employers? Some reports estimate that wage theft is costing US employees billions of dollars per year. The Department of Labor certainly has taken note and stepped up investigations into this issue. XpertHR Legal… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How HR Challenges Will Change and Evolve in 2019 September 18, 2018
- 7 Ways to Ease Open Enrollment Headaches for 2019 September 12, 2018
- Why Zero-Tolerance Policies Make Little Sense September 7, 2018
- Hurricane-Related Hazards Blow in for Employers September 4, 2018
- How to Prepare for Back-to-School Leave Requests August 29, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence