Tag Archives | LGBT discrimination
Beth Zoller November 15, 2018
The 2018 midterm election was historic for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). With significant victories on the state and local level, LGBT individuals are making inroads as shown by Colorado electing Jared Polis as the nation’s… continue
Beth Zoller September 23, 2016
Against the backdrop of the Empire State’s Adirondack Mountains, stunning lakes and fall foliage that was just beginning to peek through this week, I had the privilege to speak at the New York State Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)… continue
Michael Jacobson September 7, 2016
It’s been a rough year for Chipotle, but sadly for the broker of burritos, there’s no end in sight to the bad press. Last August, an outbreak of E. coli bacteria and norovirus forced Chipotle to close dozens of stores… continue
Michael Jacobson July 27, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve Your company’s stance on politically-charged discourse at work says a lot about company culture, but it’s also an important indicator of… continue
Michael Jacobson July 13, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve Summer is a great time to be outside, but that also means there’s more… continue
Beth Zoller April 25, 2016
Lately, the private issue of restroom use has become a very public matter. It has been almost a year since the Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage, and since then, there has been a significant shift in LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual… continue
Michael Jacobson April 20, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Throughout the presidential election primary season, immigration has been used as a wedge issue by the candidates on both sides. For the Republican… continue
Michael Jacobson April 6, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve While the rest of the world focuses on things like the war in Syria, a massive refugee crisis, the US presidential election and… continue
Michael Jacobson March 23, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve If you’re in HR, March is probably one of your favorite times of year. There are no messy open enrollment or year-end issues… continue
David Weisenfeld April 21, 2015
When Indiana Governor Mike Pence signed a state Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) in late March allowing any for-profit business to bring a free exercise of religion claim, he had no idea of the uproar that would ensue. Employers such… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- March Madness 2019: Why Employers Should Embrace It…To a Point March 18, 2019
- Aiming for Gender Equity One Employer at a Time March 15, 2019
- Creative Ways to Attract and Retain Older Workers March 5, 2019
- Investigations 101: 5 Things You Really Need to Know March 4, 2019
- How Employers Can Prepare for Cold and Flu Season February 19, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence