Tag Archives | leadership
Marta Moakley February 17, 2017
In honor of President’s Day, we have decided to examine the leadership competencies of several US Presidents. While we’ve engaged in performance management of US Presidents in the past, a change in focus to leadership development could provide powerful case… continue
Michael Jacobson November 10, 2016
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this tumultuous election season it’s that conventional wisdom and traditional assumptions are obsolete. Conventional wisdom said that Donald Trump probably wouldn’t run for president, didn’t have a chance to win any of the… continue
Mega HR Trends for 2017 and Beyond – Perspectives on the Future of the Workplace from #SHRM16: Businessification
Peggy Carter-Ward September 1, 2016
Second in a Series In the first blog of this series on Mega HR Trends in 2017 and Beyond – Perspectives on the Future of the Workplace from #SHRM16, mega HR trend #1 was the power of connecting. In this… continue
Michael Jacobson April 1, 2016
Don’t try this at work. Please. I’m begging you. Ah, April Fools’ Day. A day when harmless, innocent pranks actually do harm people and are far, far from innocent. But hey, we all get some good laughs out of them,… continue
Marta Moakley March 15, 2016
This Zenefits story begins and ends with software. Software is at the heart of the company’s business model: it provides HR software for free (as is often the case in an SaaS – “software as a service” – business model)… continue
Michael Jacobson December 23, 2015
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve As a frenzied 2015 winds to a close, we should take stock of what the year meant for the HR community. It was… continue
Marta Moakley February 21, 2014
On February 19, my colleague Beth Zoller and I had the amazing opportunity to chat with @WeKnowNext during #Nextchat. As always, HR wisdom spread over the Twitterverse at breakneck speed. Indulge me as I continue to expound upon certain themes… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Why Trendy Employee Benefit Options May Have Unintended Negative Consequences August 23, 2019
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- 2019 Mass Shootings Shed Spotlight on Active Shooter Situations August 14, 2019
- Top 10 HR Pain Points for Health Care Employers August 9, 2019
- What Employers Need to Know Now About Pregnancy Accommodations August 1, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence