Tag Archives | harassment
Beth Zoller December 7, 2015
With winter upon us, ‘tis the season for holiday parties and year-end celebrations. Such festivities are a good way to encourage team camaraderie and thank employees for their hard work and a job well done. However, a few missteps and… continue
Michael Jacobson November 24, 2015
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve The NLRB’s joint employer ruling is still hanging over employers’ heads, but at least one employer can be thankful entering this holiday season. … continue
Michael Jacobson October 30, 2015
The 800-pound gorilla in the office is (likely) wearing a suit and tie. Equal pay is dominating the headlines of late, with both California and New York acting to close the stubborn 20% wage gap between men and women. Whereas… continue
Beth Zoller October 2, 2015
October marks National Bullying Prevention Month, so it is a good time for employers to take notice of how serious an issue workplace bullying can be. According to a 2014 Workplace Bullying Institute survey, almost a third of all workers… continue
Beth Zoller August 26, 2015
When it comes to drafting employee handbooks and policy provisions, the stakes are high and employers who make mistakes, whether they be big or small, may cause confusion and potentially face costly litigation. As a result, an employer should be… continue
Beth Zoller June 23, 2015
This year Ramadan, the month-long religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide, began on June 18 and ends on July 17. Because federal, state and local laws prohibit discrimination and harassment based on a job applicant’s or employee’s religious beliefs and… continue
Beth Zoller May 5, 2015
California continues to lead the way in expanding the rights of employees and obligations of employers in the workplace in many areas. This should come as no surprise to employers and HR since the California Fair Employment and Housing Act… continue
Beth Zoller November 4, 2014
When it comes to employee handbooks, employers should commit to managing them as ever-evolving documents which should be kept current and updated and amended based on changes and trends in the law, culture and society. Here are five need to… continue
Beth Zoller October 27, 2014
With the leaves changing color and the days getting shorter, Halloween is fast approaching. Halloween can present a number of scary challenges for employers, ranging from time off requests to workplace safety to potential sexual harassment liability and more. Here… continue
David Weisenfeld May 15, 2014
It’s no secret that bullying is no longer simply the domain of the schoolyard. As many as 25 percent of US employees are reportedly harassed, threatened or attacked at work. There also are more than 1.5-million victims of workplace violence… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How Employers Can Detect Lies and Deception: #SHRM18 June 21, 2018
- #SHRM18 Chicago: Never Forget Why People Matter June 19, 2018
- Dozens of New Employment Laws Across the US Come Into Effect July 1 June 18, 2018
- Hiring Those With Criminal Backgrounds: Leading the Conversation June 11, 2018
- Federal, State AND Local, Oh My! 5 Local Trends Challenging HR June 6, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence