Tag Archives | global hr
Melissa Silver February 16, 2016
A global employer must ensure that its recruiting and hiring methods comply with local laws of each country and are not discriminatory. But with the vast disparity in employment laws across borders, this can be easier said than done. So… continue
Melissa Silver January 15, 2016
Global employers need to comply with recruiting and hiring laws in the countries in which they operate. In particular, discrimination laws may affect the wording employers can use in job advertisements, the questions they can ask on job applications and… continue
Melissa Silver November 9, 2015
A US employer considering expanding its operations to Puerto Rico may think that it will be relatively easy to manage a workforce in that location since Puerto Rico is subject to US employment laws, including Title VII, the Fair… continue
Linda Pophal August 10, 2015
As the world becomes increasingly global and interconnected, and as companies continue to expand into new geographies, nationally and abroad, HR professionals have both opportunities and challenges as they attempt to ensure consistency amid what may often feel like chaos.… continue
Melissa Silver July 2, 2015
While the US and England enjoy a close relationship, there are significant variations in their employment laws when it comes to family leave rights, drug testing and many other issues. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Nicole Truso and Emma Vennesson… continue
Melissa Silver December 8, 2014
Since globalization is the new norm, many US-based employers need to manage not only local employees, but employees working abroad who may be entitled to either greater or lesser protections than employees working in the US. As a result, HR… continue
Melissa Silver October 30, 2014
There are a number of challenges that multinational employers face when employing staff in more than one country, including widely varied antidiscrimination laws, training requirements, termination processes and health and safety legislation. One especially troublesome issue for multinational employers is… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Pro-Employer Supreme Court Term Featured Arbitration, Union Fees and Whistleblowers August 7, 2018
- Scandals Continue Casting Spotlight on Sexual Harassment August 6, 2018
- Ghosting in the Hiring Process: What It Is and How to Stop It August 1, 2018
- Is Age Discrimination Coming Out of the Shadows? July 26, 2018
- Is the Gig Economy More Myth Than Reality? July 20, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence