Tag Archives | FLSA
Michael Cardman September 8, 2015
Most HR professionals know that federal law requires employers to pay nonexempt employees one and a half times their regular rate of pay for each hour over 40 in a workweek. But it’s all too easy to forget that many… continue
David Weisenfeld August 25, 2015
More than 30 million Americans work remotely at least one day per week. And telecommuting is likely to increase even further in the years ahead. But a virtual work world also brings along many potential compliance issues that an employer… continue
Michael Cardman January 8, 2015
Wage and hour issues have presented significant compliance challenges for HR during the past several years, and 2015 promises to be no different. Here are three trends that should be on everyone’s radar screen for the upcoming year.
1. State… continue
1. State… continue
David Weisenfeld October 7, 2014
The US Supreme Court opened its 2014-2015 term this week and made news affecting employers with a case it decided NOT to hear. That’s because the justices surprised observers by declining to take up a same-sex marriage case on Monday.… continue
David Weisenfeld October 8, 2013
Despite the federal government’s shutdown, the US Supreme Court has started its new term and there’s a lot to look at from an employment law standpoint. So without further ado, we preview the top cases on the Supreme Court’s… continue
Melissa Silver July 2, 2013
According to a new infographic, US government agencies over the last several years have significantly stepped up enforcement against employers from all angles and made clear the high cost of failing to comply with the law. It’s the perfect storm.… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Pro-Employer Supreme Court Term Featured Arbitration, Union Fees and Whistleblowers August 7, 2018
- Scandals Continue Casting Spotlight on Sexual Harassment August 6, 2018
- Ghosting in the Hiring Process: What It Is and How to Stop It August 1, 2018
- Is Age Discrimination Coming Out of the Shadows? July 26, 2018
- Is the Gig Economy More Myth Than Reality? July 20, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence