Tag Archives | flexible working
Tracy Morley January 7, 2016
In March 2015, I lost my beautiful mother, Virginia, at the ripe old age of 90. The impact she had on others was clearly evident when so many friends and relatives came to help my family ‘celebrate her life’ in… continue
Beth Zoller January 5, 2016
In the past year, a host of court cases, legislation and regulatory actions have questioned the very nature of who is considered an employer and who is considered an employee along with what rights and benefits employees should be entitled… continue
Marta Moakley November 22, 2013
Businesses are always seeking an edge in their particular industries, whether targeting a local US market or seeking additional global market share. Part of getting an edge may include offering applicants or employees a menu of workplace flexibility options to… continue
Marta Moakley October 21, 2013
Workplace flexibility has been a trending US topic this year, including at the government level (municipalities adopting workplace flexibility ordinances), at the employer level (businesses undertaking initiatives to raise awareness regarding workplace flexibility options) and at the employee level (stressed… continue
Melissa Burdorf May 16, 2013
What’s the best approach to take on parental leave benefits when it comes to recruiting and retaining existing, new or expectant parents? Is it all about paid leave? Or should the focus be on work-life balance? Or maybe a little… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- July 1 Compliance Deadlines Coming Up for Employers June 19, 2019
- Closing the Strategic Gaps Between HR and Senior Leadership June 12, 2019
- Should Employers Rethink Drug Testing Amidst Marijuana Legalization? June 10, 2019
- 5 Ways Your Company May Be Discriminating Against LGBT Employees June 7, 2019
- Why Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Remains Compelling May 31, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence