Tag Archives | employer liability
Jessica Webb-Ayer April 13, 2018
Sexual harassment policies and training will remain a concern to many employers in 2018, according to a recent XpertHR survey. The survey revealed that employers plan to tackle the issue in a variety of ways, including: Updating their sexual harassment… continue
Marta Moakley August 17, 2016
Federal agencies have increased the amount of penalties an employer may be assessed in the event of a violation – and these are not modest increases. Running afoul of a workplace law could cost an employer upwards of $100,000 for… continue
Marta Moakley January 17, 2014
Competitive benefit packages can serve as an excellent recruiting and retention tool, but did you know they can also be used to increase productivity? Certain retirement benefit plans may incentivize employees into becoming more efficient by granting them a stake… continue
Michael Jacobson October 15, 2013
The US pharmaceutical industry is a profit-generating powerhouse. And while those big dollars continue to roll in, the population continues to age and technology continues to improve, paving the way for new drugs, new medical devices and (you guessed it)… continue
Marta Moakley April 17, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from a US… continue
Beth Zoller April 15, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from an employment… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- #SHRMLEG 2019 Fireside Chat: Future of Work Involves More Employee, Social Issues Engagement March 22, 2019
- March Madness 2019: Why Employers Should Embrace It…To a Point March 18, 2019
- Aiming for Gender Equity One Employer at a Time March 15, 2019
- Creative Ways to Attract and Retain Older Workers March 5, 2019
- Investigations 101: 5 Things You Really Need to Know March 4, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence