Tag Archives | employee handbooks
Beth Zoller March 3, 2015
A clear and conspicuous disclaimer is an essential part of an employee handbook. Not only can it protect an employer’s legitimate business interests, but it can also help to avoid costly litigation and to save an employer’s time, money and… continue
Beth Zoller February 13, 2015
A recent XpertHR webinar features employee handbook issues and reveals some rather interesting findings. Presented by Littler Mendelson employment attorney Chris Cobey, the webinar explores a multitude of legal trends, including paid sick leave, minimum wage changes and more. During… continue
Beth Zoller February 10, 2015
A recent 6th Circuit Court of Appeals case provides employers with important lessons when it comes to employee handbook policies, in particular their family and medical leave policy. Employees are eligible for leave under the federal Family and Medical Leave… continue
Beth Zoller August 15, 2013
While many employers know it is a good practice to have an employee handbook in place, it is crucial to give your employee handbook an annual check up to see which policies should be reviewed, revisited and updated based on… continue
Michael Jacobson January 15, 2013
For those faithful believers of the Mayan apocalyptic prophesy, the arrival of 2013 might seem a bit…anticlimactic. The world didn’t end despite their passionate insistence it would. Whoops. But for those of us who were rooting against a giant rogue… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Can AI, Analytics and Tech Make Future HR More Human? July 17, 2019
- SHRM’s 2019 Survey Reveals Most Popular Employee Benefits July 12, 2019
- How Younger Generations Are Shaking Up the Workforce July 1, 2019
- July 1 Compliance Deadlines Coming Up for Employers June 19, 2019
- Closing the Strategic Gaps Between HR and Senior Leadership June 12, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence