Tag Archives | employee engagement
Michael Jacobson September 28, 2017
Autumn is upon us. The season of change. The air is getting colder (well, it will at some point), days are getting shorter, rakes and leaf blowers emerge from their summer slumber and football dominates the American Zeitgeist, both… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 19, 2017
Major disruptions in the benefits world are about to shape the future of the industry, according to a panel of experts at the 2017 EBN Benefits Forum & Expo in (mostly) sunny Boca Raton, Florida. John Young, the Senior Vice… continue
Alicia Smith June 28, 2017
Perhaps it was the Jazz riffs greeting us as we made our way through the conference halls, or this year’s theme and call to action for HR to go “All In” regarding their commitment to the HR profession, but SHRM’s… continue
Michael Jacobson April 13, 2017
You may have noticed things are a bit… different around the office in HR these days, but it’s hard to put your finger on it, right? So let me give it a shot. I’ve had some time off myself with… continue
David Weisenfeld March 10, 2017
I’m always amused when employment lawyers trip over themselves each year at this time to blog about the risks of gambling and lost productivity with the always-popular NCAA basketball tournament. It’s akin to the famed quote from Casablanca when Captain… continue
Marta Moakley December 13, 2016
Improving employee engagement has been linked to a number of strategic benefits, and has been prioritized by organizations that value creativity, productivity and growth. Engaged employees are enthusiastic, focused, productive and willing to put additional effort into projects because they… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward August 11, 2016
First in a Series Having the perspective of several weeks to digest SHRM’s fabulous annual conference, key short and long term challenges and opportunities for HR increasingly come into sharp focus. The benefit of press access at the conference provided… continue
David Weisenfeld June 23, 2016
Does each of your employees know how their job contributes to the big picture? Are you truly interested in their input? Speaking at the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM’s) 2016 Convention in Washington, DC, where employee engagement was a… continue
Marta Moakley June 8, 2016
Reassessing your company’s community relations program? Consider a renewed focus on aligning community investment and business strategy. The business case for implementing volunteering and charitable programs in an employer’s community is well documented: it increases brand awareness, may lead to… continue
Linda Pophal December 16, 2015
You may find this hard to believe, but there was a time when the HR function was viewed as “glamorous,” in fact as the most glamorous function in business – says Peter Cappelli in “Why We Love to Hate HR…… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 8 Secrets to Preparing a Successful Job Description January 10, 2019
- Minimum Wage Hikes in 20 States Headline 2019 Employment Law Changes January 3, 2019
- 7 Tips to Improve Performance Reviews December 19, 2018
- As 2018 ACA Reporting Deadline Approaches, What Employers Need to Know December 17, 2018
- 5 Ways Employers Can Keep the Holidays Happy December 14, 2018
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence