Tag Archives | employee engagement
David Weisenfeld March 29, 2019
When it comes to employee engagement, many employers are talking a good game. Indeed, the phrase has become popular among corporate leaders. But are companies actually moving the needle? A Gallup report from a few years ago estimated that US… continue
Robert Teachout March 22, 2019
Are companies taking a more active role in the current political and social discussion calling for greater diversity and inclusion? Panelists during a “fireside chat” at the 2019 Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Employment Law and Legislative Conference held… continue
David Weisenfeld March 18, 2019
I’m always amused when employment lawyers trip over themselves each year at this time to blog about the risks of gambling and lost productivity with the always-popular NCAA basketball tournament. It’s akin to the famed quote from Casablanca when Captain… continue
David Weisenfeld January 28, 2019
Last year, I coached my son’s basketball team in the town’s youth basketball league. The NBA Championship was hardly at stake, although you might not have been sure of that the way a couple of the parents reacted to referees’… continue
Linda Pophal January 24, 2019
Trust in major institutions is at an all-time low. The 2019 Edelman Trust Barometer revealed 9-point drop in trust among the general public—and a 23-point drop among the “informed public.” “The United States is enduring an unprecedented crisis of trust,”… continue
Linda Pophal September 26, 2018
It’s no secret that there can be a significant disconnect between the CEO (and C-suite) and HR leaders in many organizations. While HR is focused on ensuring s positive and supportive culture and boosting employee engagement, CEOs are much more… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 13, 2018
Did World Cup fever infiltrate your office this summer? Employee symptoms may include: Flex-time or time-off requests so employees can watch games; Frequent gatherings in break rooms or conference rooms with TVs; Quieter offices during World Cup games; Bright colored… continue
David Weisenfeld April 16, 2018
Employee engagement is always a key topic because of its close connection to an organization’s ability to retain its workers. An organization that ignores its employees does so at its peril. But is there risk in relying too much on… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer March 15, 2018
The signs are upon us that spring is coming. The clocks have sprung forward, the trees and flowers are starting to bloom (in some parts of the country at least), and March Madness has arrived! It’s time for the sports… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- 2019 Mass Shootings Shed Spotlight on Active Shooter Situations August 14, 2019
- Top 10 HR Pain Points for Health Care Employers August 9, 2019
- What Employers Need to Know Now About Pregnancy Accommodations August 1, 2019
- Mets Behaving Badly: What to Do When Employees Don’t Apologize July 23, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence