Tag Archives | employee benefits
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 20, 2017
Employers are continuing the trend of offering more perks for parents, such as paid parental leave, according to a panel at the 2017 EBN Benefits Forum & Expo. The panel, moderated by Simon Borumand, Innovation Imagineer at Mercer, and also… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 19, 2017
Major disruptions in the benefits world are about to shape the future of the industry, according to a panel of experts at the 2017 EBN Benefits Forum & Expo in (mostly) sunny Boca Raton, Florida. John Young, the Senior Vice… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 24, 2017
May is Mental Health Awareness month. With one in five American adults experiencing some type of mental health issue according to MentalHealth.gov, no employer is immune from the need to address the mental well-being of its employees. So what can… continue
Robert Teachout May 10, 2017
When Prince Harry revealed in an interview that he had struggled with mental health issues, the topic of mental health in the workplace exploded. Major newspapers in England and the United States ran articles on mental health issues, services and… continue
David Weisenfeld March 21, 2017
“It was California on steroids,” says Littler global attorney Shiara Diloné, mincing few words about the state of Puerto Rico employment law prior to January 26, 2017. But with the stroke of his pen, Governor Ricardo Rossello appears to have… continue
Michael Jacobson January 25, 2017
Much of the employment-related commentary and guidance around what to expect from the Trump Administration can be summed up as follows: wait and see. I’ve been guilty of it myself with HR Intel, harping on the uncertainty that this transition… continue
October 14, 2016
When Deloitte, the national auditing, tax and consulting firm, recently announced its new paid family leave policy, HR professionals took notice. Deloitte’s new policy drew attention because it not only gives up to 16 weeks of fully-paid family leave to… continue
Michael Jacobson October 11, 2016
A series of sexual harassment complaints against McDonald’s in the past month has laid the groundwork for a potential new joint employer battle for the purveyor of patties. Fifteen unique charges have been filed with the EEOC in the last… continue
Tracy Morley January 7, 2016
In March 2015, I lost my beautiful mother, Virginia, at the ripe old age of 90. The impact she had on others was clearly evident when so many friends and relatives came to help my family ‘celebrate her life’ in… continue
Tracy Morley October 19, 2015
Fall is easily my favorite time of year! With it, comes the start of the football season, crisp, cool weather, pumpkin and apple picking and of course, the beautiful fall foliage. Fall also marks the beginning of one of HR’s… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Next Stop for Employers – 2020 September 12, 2019
- 10 Key Steps to Take Before and After a Hurricane Hits September 10, 2019
- 6 Things Employers Should Know About the EEO-1 Report Component 2 August 28, 2019
- Why Trendy Employee Benefit Options May Have Unintended Negative Consequences August 23, 2019
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence