Tag Archives | employee benefits
Linda Pophal August 23, 2019
In their effort to engage and retain employees, especially those from Generations Y and Z, employers are looking for innovative ways to secure a reputation as an employer of choice. In the process, though, they may be inadvertently turning some… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer July 12, 2019
Employers continue to place a lot of value in the employee benefits they offer their workforce, according the SHRM 2019 Employee Benefits Survey. SHRM conducts the survey annually to gather information on the types of benefits employers are offering their… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 10, 2019
Although it’s not something HR relishes, sometimes an organization needs to cut personnel numbers. When faced with this daunting task, many employers use exit incentives. At the Ogletree Deakins 2019 Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Symposium, employment attorneys Stephanie Smithey… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 3, 2019
Do you as an employer live in fear of the dreaded agency audit? If so, there are ways to alleviate your anxiety, according to employment benefits attorneys Timothy Verrall and Catherine Reese at the Ogletree Deakins 2019 Employee Benefits and… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 19, 2018
While a physical wellness program is not a new concept to most employers, a growing number are taking wellness a step further and offering financial wellness benefits, such as providing access to retirement planning advice. According to a Prudential survey… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 4, 2018
It’s open enrollment season for many employers, which means a lot of HR and benefits professionals are struggling to effectively manage the annual process. Open enrollment is a big deal for everyone in the workplace and can be a chaotic… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 12, 2018
Open enrollment season presents unique challenges for employers and can be a hectic time for HR and benefits professionals. It’s also a confusing and frustrating period for employees, many of whom feel overwhelmed by the process and may want to… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
Beth Zoller December 7, 2017
As 2018 draws near, employers need to take a long hard look at their workforce and gear up for the challenges that lie ahead. To get a pulse on what the top HR and employment issues are in the workplace… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 3, 2017
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, employers are facing many challenges when tasked with recruiting, hiring and retaining the best and the brightest employees. With the rising competition for talent, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Why Trendy Employee Benefit Options May Have Unintended Negative Consequences August 23, 2019
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- 2019 Mass Shootings Shed Spotlight on Active Shooter Situations August 14, 2019
- Top 10 HR Pain Points for Health Care Employers August 9, 2019
- What Employers Need to Know Now About Pregnancy Accommodations August 1, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence