Tag Archives | employee benefits
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 19, 2018
While a physical wellness program is not a new concept to most employers, a growing number are taking wellness a step further and offering financial wellness benefits, such as providing access to retirement planning advice. According to a Prudential survey… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 4, 2018
It’s open enrollment season for many employers, which means a lot of HR and benefits professionals are struggling to effectively manage the annual process. Open enrollment is a big deal for everyone in the workplace and can be a chaotic… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 12, 2018
Open enrollment season presents unique challenges for employers and can be a hectic time for HR and benefits professionals. It’s also a confusing and frustrating period for employees, many of whom feel overwhelmed by the process and may want to… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
Beth Zoller December 7, 2017
As 2018 draws near, employers need to take a long hard look at their workforce and gear up for the challenges that lie ahead. To get a pulse on what the top HR and employment issues are in the workplace… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 3, 2017
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, employers are facing many challenges when tasked with recruiting, hiring and retaining the best and the brightest employees. With the rising competition for talent, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 20, 2017
Employers are continuing the trend of offering more perks for parents, such as paid parental leave, according to a panel at the 2017 EBN Benefits Forum & Expo. The panel, moderated by Simon Borumand, Innovation Imagineer at Mercer, and also… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 19, 2017
Major disruptions in the benefits world are about to shape the future of the industry, according to a panel of experts at the 2017 EBN Benefits Forum & Expo in (mostly) sunny Boca Raton, Florida. John Young, the Senior Vice… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 24, 2017
May is Mental Health Awareness month. With one in five American adults experiencing some type of mental health issue according to MentalHealth.gov, no employer is immune from the need to address the mental well-being of its employees. So what can… continue
Robert Teachout May 10, 2017
When Prince Harry revealed in an interview that he had struggled with mental health issues, the topic of mental health in the workplace exploded. Major newspapers in England and the United States ran articles on mental health issues, services and… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Pressing Questions on Reasonable Accommodations under the ADA and FMLA April 17, 2019
- Why Paid Family Leave Should Be on Your Radar – If It Isn’t Already April 10, 2019
- Sexual Harassment Prevention: Employers Must Do More April 2, 2019
- How to Keep Your Best Employees From Walking Out the Door March 29, 2019
- #SHRMLEG 2019 Fireside Chat: Future of Work Involves More Employee, Social Issues Engagement March 22, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence