Tag Archives | drug-free workplace
David Weisenfeld June 10, 2019
While marijuana remains illegal under federal law, 33 states have legalized medical marijuana use and another 10, plus the District of Columbia, have legalized some form of recreational use. It’s a trend that only figures to grow in the coming… continue
David Weisenfeld December 4, 2018
With passions running strong on both sides, last month’s midterm election marked the highest voter turnout for a midterm since 1966. But with much attention focused on the House and Senate results, as well as—yet again–voting machine issues in Florida,… continue
Marta Moakley August 9, 2017
In 2017, the HR and employment law landscape in Florida has been changed by a number of new measures coming into effect, including: An amendment to the Florida insurance statute providing that a driver for a transportation network company, such… continue
David Weisenfeld June 19, 2017
With medical marijuana now legal in 29 states and recreational marijuana use permitted in eight states plus the District of Columbia, some employers are understandably concerned about this trend, especially with a recent Quest Diagnostics report showing drug use at… continue
David Weisenfeld February 14, 2014
With US attitudes shifting on marijuana legalization, it was perhaps fitting that the recent Super Bowl featured teams from the two states that have legalized recreational marijuana use. Whether Seattle or Denver prevailed, stoners couldn’t lose. But marijuana use remains… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Why Trendy Employee Benefit Options May Have Unintended Negative Consequences August 23, 2019
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- 2019 Mass Shootings Shed Spotlight on Active Shooter Situations August 14, 2019
- Top 10 HR Pain Points for Health Care Employers August 9, 2019
- What Employers Need to Know Now About Pregnancy Accommodations August 1, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence