Tag Archives | dress code
Beth Zoller June 7, 2019
June is Pride Month, celebrating the lives of individuals identifying as lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgender (LGBT). It also marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising and the birth of the gay rights movement. The fight for gay rights… continue
Beth Zoller May 14, 2019
With summer almost here, the days growing longer and thoughts of time at the pool, beach or barbecue with family and friends not too far off, it’s time to make sure you know how to manage and address the summer… continue
Beth Zoller March 15, 2019
As we celebrate Women’s History Month this March, it has been 55 years since the passage of Title VII which banned gender discrimination (along with race, religion, color and national origin discrimination) by employers. Since that time, workplaces have become… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
Beth Zoller June 9, 2017
With the onset of summer, rising temperatures and longer days, employers may want to consider implementing a summer dress code as an inexpensive way to improve employee productivity and morale and make employees feel more comfortable when the heat hits.… continue
Beth Zoller August 9, 2016
Much to the excitement of its employees, or as it refers to them “partners,” Starbucks has released a new dress code, the “Starbucks Dress Code Look Book,” seeking to strike a balance between allowing employees to engage in personal expression… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Can AI, Analytics and Tech Make Future HR More Human? July 17, 2019
- SHRM’s 2019 Survey Reveals Most Popular Employee Benefits July 12, 2019
- How Younger Generations Are Shaking Up the Workforce July 1, 2019
- July 1 Compliance Deadlines Coming Up for Employers June 19, 2019
- Closing the Strategic Gaps Between HR and Senior Leadership June 12, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence