Tag Archives | corporate communications
Michael Jacobson May 2, 2018
Let’s be fair and assume that when you did your most recent handbook update – historically that would be end of 2017 or early 2018 – you prudently accounted for the dozens of laws that would change around the country… continue
Michael Jacobson January 11, 2017
After a tumultuous 2016 and on the cusp of some major changes in regulations and protections for employees, your workers are undoubtedly looking for some stability from their employer. One of the best ways to demonstrate that is to ensure… continue
Michael Jacobson November 11, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve For employees, the fight for wages is personal. Yesterday, thousands of fast food workers went on strike around the country, primarily seeking $15 minimum… continue
Marta Moakley October 19, 2012
It’s that time of year again. The leaves are changing. There’s a chill in the air. And Americans are asking the age-old question, trick or treat? Personally, I’ve never quite understood the choice: I’ll take the treat any day. Well,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 8 Secrets to Preparing a Successful Job Description January 10, 2019
- Minimum Wage Hikes in 20 States Headline 2019 Employment Law Changes January 3, 2019
- 7 Tips to Improve Performance Reviews December 19, 2018
- As 2018 ACA Reporting Deadline Approaches, What Employers Need to Know December 17, 2018
- 5 Ways Employers Can Keep the Holidays Happy December 14, 2018
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence