Tag Archives | conflict resolution
Marta Moakley February 17, 2017
In honor of President’s Day, we have decided to examine the leadership competencies of several US Presidents. While we’ve engaged in performance management of US Presidents in the past, a change in focus to leadership development could provide powerful case… continue
Michael Jacobson July 27, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve Your company’s stance on politically-charged discourse at work says a lot about company culture, but it’s also an important indicator of… continue
Michael Jacobson March 23, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve If you’re in HR, March is probably one of your favorite times of year. There are no messy open enrollment or year-end issues… continue
Marta Moakley November 20, 2015
Workplace disagreements are commonplace, but if handled properly they can result in opportunities for innovation, growth and troubleshooting. For example, two employees may have different opinions on how to reach sales targets, which gives way to a vigorous discussion that… continue
Michael Jacobson November 11, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve For employees, the fight for wages is personal. Yesterday, thousands of fast food workers went on strike around the country, primarily seeking $15 minimum… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Don’t Get Burned by These Tricky Workplace Summer Issues May 14, 2019
- Is a Voluntary Exit Incentive Plan Right for Your Organization? May 10, 2019
- 5 Ways Employers Can Alleviate Anxiety Over Agency Audits May 3, 2019
- The 4 C’s of Achieving a Workplace Culture Fit April 29, 2019
- DOL’s Overtime Exemption Increase – And Why Time Is of the Essence April 25, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence