Tag Archives | compliance
Michael Jacobson April 13, 2017
You may have noticed things are a bit… different around the office in HR these days, but it’s hard to put your finger on it, right? So let me give it a shot. I’ve had some time off myself with… continue
David Weisenfeld November 14, 2016
It’s no overstatement to say that robots and artificial intelligence may change the workplace at a level not since the Industrial Revolution. Robots already are checking in guests at a few Tokyo hotels. Closer to home, sales clerk robots are… continue
Marta Moakley September 29, 2016
Every work day, supervisors make important decisions that could create organizational liability risks before HR or Legal are even aware of an incident. Robin Shea, a partner at the national law firm Constangy, Smith, Brooks & Prophete, and author of… continue
Marta Moakley August 17, 2016
Federal agencies have increased the amount of penalties an employer may be assessed in the event of a violation – and these are not modest increases. Running afoul of a workplace law could cost an employer upwards of $100,000 for… continue
Linda Pophal July 11, 2016
At the end of the day, business is a team sport. Well-managed organizations know how to effectively delegate, ensuring that each silo within an organization is responsible for a particular set of clearly defined tasks that ladder up to the… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- July 1 Compliance Deadlines Coming Up for Employers June 19, 2019
- Closing the Strategic Gaps Between HR and Senior Leadership June 12, 2019
- Should Employers Rethink Drug Testing Amidst Marijuana Legalization? June 10, 2019
- 5 Ways Your Company May Be Discriminating Against LGBT Employees June 7, 2019
- Why Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Remains Compelling May 31, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence