Tag Archives | business practices
Michael Jacobson January 15, 2013
For those faithful believers of the Mayan apocalyptic prophesy, the arrival of 2013 might seem a bit…anticlimactic. The world didn’t end despite their passionate insistence it would. Whoops. But for those of us who were rooting against a giant rogue… continue
Melissa Burdorf December 19, 2012
As a born and raised jersey girl when I first saw the devastation of Hurricane Sandy I could barely breathe. I immediately felt a need to get in my car and take that parkway south drive to the jersey shore… continue
Michael Jacobson December 3, 2012
In Part One of this series, we discussed electronically stored information (ESI), the changing technological landscape, new discovery rules encompassing all ESI and what that means for HR in general terms. In Part Two of this series, we reviewed two… continue
Michael Jacobson November 26, 2012
In Part One of this series, we discussed electronically stored information (ESI), the changing technological landscape, new discovery rules encompassing all ESI and what that means for HR in general terms. In this segment, we’ll review two cases where ESI… continue
Michael Jacobson November 20, 2012
Why is it so important that HR take electronically stored information (ESI) seriously? Elementary, my dear HR professional.… continue
Ashley Shaw November 19, 2012
Holiday shopping: it can be stressful, expensive, and downright awful. The lines are longer, patience is thinner, and wallets are lighter. What is supposed to be the time of year for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or [Fill in Your Holiday/Vacation Away… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Unlimited Vacation Time Presents Pros and Cons for Employers October 16, 2018
- Workplace Sexual Harassment Prevention: One Year After #MeToo October 9, 2018
- HR Pros Brace for Open Enrollment Season October 4, 2018
- 5 Things Employers Need to Know About Domestic Violence at Work October 1, 2018
- Determining What Your CEO Cares About (And Adjusting Your Messaging Appropriately) September 26, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence