David Weisenfeld December 13, 2012
As the home to the United Automobile Workers (UAW) union, Michigan has long been viewed as the cradle of organized labor in the US. So the news that Michigan has passed a law significantly limiting the rights of unions in… continue
Marta Moakley December 12, 2012
Immigration reform efforts continue to make news in the US, but implementation challenges regarding a recent administrative order could turn dreams of an inclusive workplace into nightmares for both employees and employers. The State of US Immigration Reform in 2012… continue
Michael Jacobson December 3, 2012
In Part One of this series, we discussed electronically stored information (ESI), the changing technological landscape, new discovery rules encompassing all ESI and what that means for HR in general terms. In Part Two of this series, we reviewed two… continue
Michael Jacobson November 26, 2012
In Part One of this series, we discussed electronically stored information (ESI), the changing technological landscape, new discovery rules encompassing all ESI and what that means for HR in general terms. In this segment, we’ll review two cases where ESI… continue
Michael Jacobson November 20, 2012
Why is it so important that HR take electronically stored information (ESI) seriously? Elementary, my dear HR professional.… continue
Ashley Shaw November 19, 2012
Holiday shopping: it can be stressful, expensive, and downright awful. The lines are longer, patience is thinner, and wallets are lighter. What is supposed to be the time of year for Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or [Fill in Your Holiday/Vacation Away… continue
David Weisenfeld November 9, 2012
President Obama’s historic re-election brings with it a host of HR implications. Chief among them, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will remain intact for the foreseeable future. The Supreme Court upheld the bulk of the ACA in June, including the… continue
Marta Moakley October 19, 2012
It’s that time of year again. The leaves are changing. There’s a chill in the air. And Americans are asking the age-old question, trick or treat? Personally, I’ve never quite understood the choice: I’ll take the treat any day. Well,… continue
Ashley Shaw October 15, 2012
Even Lady GaGa has weighed in on it, so you know it must be an important issue. And it is hard to not see the YouTube videos of kids with their index cards, even when you don’t follow YouTube trends.… continue
David Weisenfeld October 11, 2012
Author: David B. Weisenfeld, XpertHR Legal Editor A clearly divided Supreme Court took a skeptical view yesterday of the University of Texas’ use of race as a factor in admissions. While the case arises in the educational realm, the implications… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- July 1 Compliance Deadlines Coming Up for Employers June 19, 2019
- Closing the Strategic Gaps Between HR and Senior Leadership June 12, 2019
- Should Employers Rethink Drug Testing Amidst Marijuana Legalization? June 10, 2019
- 5 Ways Your Company May Be Discriminating Against LGBT Employees June 7, 2019
- Why Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Remains Compelling May 31, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence