Jessica Webb-Ayer December 17, 2018
The end of the year is quickly approaching, bringing with it a multitude of annual reporting and filing requirements, including 2018 Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting for employers. Despite numerous attempts to repeal the ACA, the law is still alive… continue
Beth Zoller December 14, 2018
Along with the joy, cheer and hot chocolate holiday time brings, this time of year also raises a whole host of issues for employers who must grapple with difficult questions concerning holiday decorations, time off, employee stress and gift giving… continue
David Weisenfeld December 4, 2018
With passions running strong on both sides, last month’s midterm election marked the highest voter turnout for a midterm since 1966. But with much attention focused on the House and Senate results, as well as—yet again–voting machine issues in Florida,… continue
Beth Zoller November 29, 2018
While a workplace holiday get together may be a good idea to thank employees for a job well done and encourage camaraderie and good cheer, a festive celebration may carry a number of risks from employers. From potential harassment claims… continue
Beth Zoller November 26, 2018
Having an employee handbook is essential as it can set forth various workplace rules and policies and also deal with myriad employee issues that arise time and again. Additionally, it can promote fairness and consistency across the board while showing… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 19, 2018
While a physical wellness program is not a new concept to most employers, a growing number are taking wellness a step further and offering financial wellness benefits, such as providing access to retirement planning advice. According to a Prudential survey… continue
Beth Zoller November 15, 2018
The 2018 midterm election was historic for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). With significant victories on the state and local level, LGBT individuals are making inroads as shown by Colorado electing Jared Polis as the nation’s… continue
Beth Zoller November 5, 2018
Veterans Day is a great reminder of the positive qualities and attributes veterans can bring to an organization as valuable employees. Beyond their experience, expertise, leadership and strong work ethic, veterans also bring creativity, dedication and resilience. However, so many… continue
Marta Moakley October 30, 2018
Legislators are realizing that working toward changing workplace cultures to be more inclusive, fair and equitable takes more than a one-hour supervisor training session scheduled every two years. The District of Columbia is the latest in a growing list of… continue
David Weisenfeld October 23, 2018
Election Day is two weeks away, and the one certainty is that interest in the outcome is at an all-time high. An NPR story predicts that voter turnout could hit a 50-year record for a midterm election with few people,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Pressing Questions on Reasonable Accommodations under the ADA and FMLA April 17, 2019
- Why Paid Family Leave Should Be on Your Radar – If It Isn’t Already April 10, 2019
- Sexual Harassment Prevention: Employers Must Do More April 2, 2019
- How to Keep Your Best Employees From Walking Out the Door March 29, 2019
- #SHRMLEG 2019 Fireside Chat: Future of Work Involves More Employee, Social Issues Engagement March 22, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence