About Melissa Burdorf
I am the legal editor for the FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Jury Duty and other forms of leave content in the employee leaves and employee management sections of XpertHR US. Before joining XpertHR, I served as associate counsel for Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. In that role, I provided legal advice on all company matters, which included providing advice to HR on a multitude of employment-related issues. Prior to working in-house, I worked as an employment associate at LeClairRyan (formerly St. John & Wayne), where I handled a diverse docket of employment-related matters.
Author archive | Melissa Burdorf
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Pro-Employer Supreme Court Term Featured Arbitration, Union Fees and Whistleblowers August 7, 2018
- Scandals Continue Casting Spotlight on Sexual Harassment August 6, 2018
- Ghosting in the Hiring Process: What It Is and How to Stop It August 1, 2018
- Is Age Discrimination Coming Out of the Shadows? July 26, 2018
- Is the Gig Economy More Myth Than Reality? July 20, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...