Archive | HR Intel RSS feed for this section
Michael Jacobson May 25, 2017
As an HR professional, you’re constantly juggling. We hear about it all the time at XpertHR, how there are so many balls in the air at once. How sometimes you just feel like letting them all fall. But rest assured,… continue
Michael Jacobson April 13, 2017
You may have noticed things are a bit… different around the office in HR these days, but it’s hard to put your finger on it, right? So let me give it a shot. I’ve had some time off myself with… continue
David Weisenfeld March 29, 2017
It never ceases to amaze how something an employee would never say at the office watercooler can pop up on Facebook or Twitter without the slightest hesitation. A pair of social media posts from employees on disparate ends of the… continue
Michael Jacobson February 8, 2017
Every now and then a news story pops up illustrating the importance of aligning corporate, HR and PR strategies. These stories are often largely negative, painting companies in a bad light while we play Monday morning quarterback. The blood and… continue
Michael Jacobson January 25, 2017
Much of the employment-related commentary and guidance around what to expect from the Trump Administration can be summed up as follows: wait and see. I’ve been guilty of it myself with HR Intel, harping on the uncertainty that this transition… continue
Michael Jacobson January 11, 2017
After a tumultuous 2016 and on the cusp of some major changes in regulations and protections for employees, your workers are undoubtedly looking for some stability from their employer. One of the best ways to demonstrate that is to ensure… continue
Michael Jacobson December 23, 2016
The winter of 1978-79 – famously known as the Winter of Discontent – was an extremely cold one in the United Kingdom, and it wasn’t only because of the weather. Tremendous tension between the Labour Party government and public sector… continue
Michael Jacobson December 7, 2016
As the future of the US continues to take shape, daily developments tend to raise more questions than they answer. Historically, economists say that uncertainty is bad for the economy, but uber-successful investors like Warren Buffett say that fear and… continue
Michael Jacobson November 23, 2016
How ironic is it that the campaign slogan which helped propel Bill Clinton to the presidency in 1992 is now being cited as the reason his wife, Hillary Clinton, lost the election 24 years later? As they say, history often… continue
Michael Jacobson November 10, 2016
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this tumultuous election season it’s that conventional wisdom and traditional assumptions are obsolete. Conventional wisdom said that Donald Trump probably wouldn’t run for president, didn’t have a chance to win any of the… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 8 Secrets to Preparing a Successful Job Description January 10, 2019
- Minimum Wage Hikes in 20 States Headline 2019 Employment Law Changes January 3, 2019
- 7 Tips to Improve Performance Reviews December 19, 2018
- As 2018 ACA Reporting Deadline Approaches, What Employers Need to Know December 17, 2018
- 5 Ways Employers Can Keep the Holidays Happy December 14, 2018
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence