Archive | Global HR RSS feed for this section
Melissa Silver August 19, 2015
Do employment contracts in Canada need to be in writing? Are Canadian employees entitled to sick pay? Has Canada produced more comedians per capita than any other country? OK the last one does not make the list, but there are… continue
Linda Pophal August 10, 2015
As the world becomes increasingly global and interconnected, and as companies continue to expand into new geographies, nationally and abroad, HR professionals have both opportunities and challenges as they attempt to ensure consistency amid what may often feel like chaos.… continue
Melissa Silver July 2, 2015
While the US and England enjoy a close relationship, there are significant variations in their employment laws when it comes to family leave rights, drug testing and many other issues. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Nicole Truso and Emma Vennesson… continue
Melissa Silver February 24, 2015
The failure to have a formal complaint and investigative procedure could expose a Canadian employer to aggravated and punitive damages if the decision to terminate an employee was based on a flawed or biased investigation. So what can employers do… continue
Melissa Silver December 8, 2014
Since globalization is the new norm, many US-based employers need to manage not only local employees, but employees working abroad who may be entitled to either greater or lesser protections than employees working in the US. As a result, HR… continue
Melissa Silver October 30, 2014
There are a number of challenges that multinational employers face when employing staff in more than one country, including widely varied antidiscrimination laws, training requirements, termination processes and health and safety legislation. One especially troublesome issue for multinational employers is… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Don’t Get Burned by These Tricky Workplace Summer Issues May 14, 2019
- Is a Voluntary Exit Incentive Plan Right for Your Organization? May 10, 2019
- 5 Ways Employers Can Alleviate Anxiety Over Agency Audits May 3, 2019
- The 4 C’s of Achieving a Workplace Culture Fit April 29, 2019
- DOL’s Overtime Exemption Increase – And Why Time Is of the Essence April 25, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence