Archive | Employee Benefits RSS feed for this section
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 16, 2018
How sweet do the words “unlimited vacation” sound? Wouldn’t an organization that offers such a benefit be considered a progressive employer that must have the best and brightest candidates clamoring at its doorstep? The answer is more of a maybe… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer October 4, 2018
It’s open enrollment season for many employers, which means a lot of HR and benefits professionals are struggling to effectively manage the annual process. Open enrollment is a big deal for everyone in the workplace and can be a chaotic… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 12, 2018
Open enrollment season presents unique challenges for employers and can be a hectic time for HR and benefits professionals. It’s also a confusing and frustrating period for employees, many of whom feel overwhelmed by the process and may want to… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer August 14, 2018
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best position to attract and retain the workforce it wants and needs. Summer perks are a good way for employers to show how much they… continue
Robert Teachout July 5, 2018
How many employees provide care for a child? For a parent? Grandparent? If you are an employer wondering which of your employees currently are or may soon become caregivers, the answer is simple: All of them. “It’s not a question… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer January 9, 2018
Despite numerous attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the law is still alive and kicking as we begin 2018. This means employers need to stay the course and continue to make sure they are in compliance with any… continue
Rena Pirsos December 12, 2017
During the holidays, many employers opt to give gifts to employees and host parties as a gesture of good will, a reward for achievements during the past year, or a morale booster to encourage continued good performance in the year… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 3, 2017
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, employers are facing many challenges when tasked with recruiting, hiring and retaining the best and the brightest employees. With the rising competition for talent, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 19, 2017
Major disruptions in the benefits world are about to shape the future of the industry, according to a panel of experts at the 2017 EBN Benefits Forum & Expo in (mostly) sunny Boca Raton, Florida. John Young, the Senior Vice… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 24, 2017
May is Mental Health Awareness month. With one in five American adults experiencing some type of mental health issue according to MentalHealth.gov, no employer is immune from the need to address the mental well-being of its employees. So what can… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Unlimited Vacation Time Presents Pros and Cons for Employers October 16, 2018
- Workplace Sexual Harassment Prevention: One Year After #MeToo October 9, 2018
- HR Pros Brace for Open Enrollment Season October 4, 2018
- 5 Things Employers Need to Know About Domestic Violence at Work October 1, 2018
- Determining What Your CEO Cares About (And Adjusting Your Messaging Appropriately) September 26, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence