Archive | Diversity & Inclusion RSS feed for this section
Robert Teachout May 4, 2018
With the #MeToo and #Time’sUp movements bringing more focus to the issue of equal pay for women, employers are taking gender pay equity more seriously, with some reporting success. In March, Starbucks announced that it had reached 100 percent pay… continue
Robert Teachout March 1, 2018
When a person in a row boat uses an oar from only one side of the boat, what happens? The boat just goes in a circle and very little forward motion is achieved. A rower must use the oars on… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer February 22, 2018
Employers are increasingly using social media as a recruiting tool to reach job candidates. However, while platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn may be a good way to find potential new superstar employees, employers need to be careful to avoid age… continue
Robert Teachout October 4, 2017
For the second quarter in a row, the US has a record number of unfilled job openings, even as the official unemployment rate has hovered around a 16-year low. The combination of these two facts highlights the difficult situation employers… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 7, 2017
I have a confession to make: I’m a millennial. Now granted, I’m an “older” millennial that remembers playing the Oregon Trail computer game as a kid, but technically I am still a member of Generation Y. We’re also known by… continue
Robert Teachout May 17, 2017
Most people easily recognize that a physical illness or disability may require a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act or time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act. But mental disabilities are covered by the ADA and… continue
Beth Zoller January 13, 2017
“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal… I have a dream that my… continue
David Weisenfeld November 14, 2016
It’s no overstatement to say that robots and artificial intelligence may change the workplace at a level not since the Industrial Revolution. Robots already are checking in guests at a few Tokyo hotels. Closer to home, sales clerk robots are… continue
Beth Zoller September 23, 2016
Against the backdrop of the Empire State’s Adirondack Mountains, stunning lakes and fall foliage that was just beginning to peek through this week, I had the privilege to speak at the New York State Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)… continue
Beth Zoller August 29, 2016
The struggle for equal rights for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) has moved into the forefront more than ever before, and it’s having a dramatic impact on workplaces that are becoming increasingly diverse. Although Title VII… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Next Stop for Employers – 2020 September 12, 2019
- 10 Key Steps to Take Before and After a Hurricane Hits September 10, 2019
- 6 Things Employers Should Know About the EEO-1 Report Component 2 August 28, 2019
- Why Trendy Employee Benefit Options May Have Unintended Negative Consequences August 23, 2019
- Employer Do’s and Don’ts for Back to School Time August 19, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment health and safety HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace violence