About Alicia SmithI am the product manager for XpertHR US, a Reed Business Information product, with responsibility for customer-driven product strategy, planning and development.
Prior to joining XpertHR, I was a legal editor at RBI’s sister company, LexisNexis, where I worked to develop new content and customer-focused solutions in the LexisNexis litigation, international and alternative dispute resolution product lines.
Before joining LexisNexis, I practiced law as a civil litigation associate at the firm now known as Morvillo, Abramowitz, Grand, Iason & Anello, PC, in New York City.
Email : email@example.com
Author archive | Alicia Smith
Alicia Smith June 29, 2017
HR professionals, probably more often than they would like, find themselves having to determine whether an employee is telling the truth, particularly during an internal investigation where they are being presented with several versions of the same event. Enter former… continue
Alicia Smith June 28, 2017
Perhaps it was the Jazz riffs greeting us as we made our way through the conference halls, or this year’s theme and call to action for HR to go “All In” regarding their commitment to the HR profession, but SHRM’s… continue
Alicia Smith April 25, 2017
In a company that highly values innovation with a constant stream of ideas from a combination of internal and external channels, often we find ourselves having to choose between several proposals for new site enhancements that all seemingly have merit.… continue
Alicia Smith April 19, 2016
It is often said that “good things come to those who wait.” However, when it comes to wage and hour compliance, it is becoming increasingly clear the time to act is now. In fact, waiting could put an employer in… continue
Alicia Smith June 30, 2015
It was record-breaking attendance at this year’s Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)’s 2015 Annual Conference in Las Vegas. Nearly 16,000 registered attendees (myself included) braved the hot desert sun – and seemingly endless references to “a dry heat”- to… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Don’t Get Burned by These Tricky Workplace Summer Issues May 14, 2019
- Is a Voluntary Exit Incentive Plan Right for Your Organization? May 10, 2019
- 5 Ways Employers Can Alleviate Anxiety Over Agency Audits May 3, 2019
- The 4 C’s of Achieving a Workplace Culture Fit April 29, 2019
- DOL’s Overtime Exemption Increase – And Why Time Is of the Essence April 25, 2019
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity diversity and inclusion employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence