Archive | Talent Management RSS feed for this section
David Weisenfeld December 5, 2017
Since Generation Z refers to individuals born in 1994 or after, it may seem like it’s still too soon for this young group to be making much of an impact on the workforce. But that’s far from the case. In… continue
Marta Moakley November 21, 2017
Having clear employment policies is crucial for employers, but those policies are often only as good as the supervisors entrusted with carrying them out. Robin Shea, a partner at the national law firm Constangy, Smith, Brooks & Prophete, and author… continue
Michael Cardman October 20, 2017
According to a new survey from Upwork and the Freelancers Union, about 57 million Americans (or 36% of the US workforce) are freelancing, which the study defined as performing supplemental, temporary, project- or contract-based work within the past 12 months.… continue
Marta Moakley October 11, 2017
The marketplace has become increasingly competitive for hiring in 2017. With unemployment hovering around 4.4% (a stark contrast to the 10% seen at the height of the recession in 2009), employers are finding it tougher to find top talent. Because… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 7, 2017
I have a confession to make: I’m a millennial. Now granted, I’m an “older” millennial that remembers playing the Oregon Trail computer game as a kid, but technically I am still a member of Generation Y. We’re also known by… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward July 20, 2017
Predictive Analytics. It’s the Holy Grail for the future success of HR. Oh, to be able to successfully, consistently and efficiently hire the best candidates for the right jobs! To retain top talent! To be able to identify who the… continue
Linda Pophal November 28, 2016
The human resource function has long been considered to be somewhat “soft” in terms of being able to apply hard data to prove the value of recruitment and retention activities. From the standpoint of HR pros, they simply “know” that… continue
Peggy Carter-Ward October 13, 2016
The value of performance feedback within organizations is unquestioned. The frequency, format, etc. might be evolving, but the concept of having regular touchpoints of feedback, and feedback from key stakeholders, is a fundamental tenet of our workplaces. In that spirit,… continue
Marta Moakley September 29, 2016
Every work day, supervisors make important decisions that could create organizational liability risks before HR or Legal are even aware of an incident. Robin Shea, a partner at the national law firm Constangy, Smith, Brooks & Prophete, and author of… continue
Alicia Smith April 19, 2016
It is often said that “good things come to those who wait.” However, when it comes to wage and hour compliance, it is becoming increasingly clear the time to act is now. In fact, waiting could put an employer in… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Superstar Sexual Harassment Revelations Roil the Workplace January 10, 2018
- New ACA Developments May Affect Employers January 9, 2018
- 2018 Rings in Host of New Employment Laws January 2, 2018
- HR Intel Year End Edition: HR’s Secret to Success in 2018 December 27, 2017
- Top 2018 Resolutions to Boost Employee Engagement December 22, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence