The human resource function has long been considered to be somewhat “soft” in terms of being able to apply hard data to prove the value of recruitment and retention activities. From the standpoint of HR pros, they simply “know” that… continue
Archive | Talent Management RSS feed for this section
The value of performance feedback within organizations is unquestioned. The frequency, format, etc. might be evolving, but the concept of having regular touchpoints of feedback, and feedback from key stakeholders, is a fundamental tenet of our workplaces.
In that spirit,… continue
Every work day, supervisors make important decisions that could create organizational liability risks before HR or Legal are even aware of an incident. Robin Shea, a partner at the national law firm Constangy, Smith, Brooks & Prophete, and author of… continue
It is often said that “good things come to those who wait.” However, when it comes to wage and hour compliance, it is becoming increasingly clear the time to act is now. In fact, waiting could put an employer in… continue
Top 7 Workplace Trends in 2016 – Key Takeaways from SHRM’s Employment Law and Legislation Conference 2016
SHRM’s March 2016 Employment Law and Legislative conference in Washington DC could have been titled “It’s a Whole New Workplace – Where do I start?” With a slate of politicos, thought leaders, Pulitzer winning authors and Washington insiders, it was… continue
This Zenefits story begins and ends with software.
Software is at the heart of the company’s business model: it provides HR software for free (as is often the case in an SaaS – “software as a service” – business model)… continue
Analytics, as popularized by the best-selling book and baseball movie Moneyball, is the art of trying to make better decisions based on data. Talent management expert and Forbes contributor Josh Bersin calls analytics one of the most significant trends affecting… continue
HR is an organizational function that is far too often in the crosshairs of complaints and challenges from sources far and wide. As Peter Cappelli says in his Harvard Business Review article “Why We Love to Hate HR… and What… continue
Numerous headlines and reports lately have touted the business advantages of diverse C-suites and a diverse workforce. Here’s a sampling of just a few:
Human Resource Executive recently reported that while traditional research often measures diversity in demographic terms, one… continue
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve
Now that the Zika virus has made its way up from South and Central America, HR professionals and business owners in the United… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 3 Things to Know When Your Boss Says…. Show Me the Money! July 18, 2017
- 6 Dos and Don’ts for Avoiding Social Media Minefields When Recruiting July 17, 2017
- 5 CEO Ethics Firings and How HR Can Help Prevent Them July 11, 2017
- Being Strategic: What It Really Means for HR July 6, 2017
- HR Intel: Get to Know the 2017 Breed of Workers June 30, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...