Tag Archives | wellness programs
Michael Jacobson August 30, 2017
Have you ever wondered how “unemployment” can be so low (4.3% nationally), but yet there seem to be so many complaints from people not being able to find jobs and from CEOs complaining that their companies can’t find enough candidates?… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 24, 2017
May is Mental Health Awareness month. With one in five American adults experiencing some type of mental health issue according to MentalHealth.gov, no employer is immune from the need to address the mental well-being of its employees. So what can… continue
Robert Teachout May 10, 2017
When Prince Harry revealed in an interview that he had struggled with mental health issues, the topic of mental health in the workplace exploded. Major newspapers in England and the United States ran articles on mental health issues, services and… continue
Beth Zoller March 17, 2016
With Democratic President Barak Obama at the helm and a Republican Congress, it remains extremely difficult for any employment law legislation to pass. Nonetheless, the EEOC has been aggressively following up on its Strategic Plan from 2012 and attempting… continue
Michael Jacobson January 13, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve It’s another new year in the HR universe and with every passing year, change is to be expected. People make resolutions, companies pivot… continue
Beth Zoller November 17, 2015
The US workforce is rapidly aging, so how can employers adapt? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, one in five American workers is over 65 and by 2020, almost 32 percent of the population between 65 and 74 will… continue
Michael Jacobson October 13, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Mergers, acquisitions and corporate transformations continue to steal the show. Since we covered the largest beer deal ever in our last HR Intel post,… continue
Marta Moakley April 10, 2013
“How much do you weigh?” This question might sound impolite. But employees in the US take note: the social awkwardness of group weigh-ins may be coming to a warehouse near you. CVS Caremark is asking employees their weight… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Can Embracing March Madness Improve Employee Engagement? March 15, 2018
- From #SHRMLeg: Becoming an ADA Accommodation Expert March 13, 2018
- From #SHRMLeg: How Employers Deal with Marijuana, Opioids and Other Drugs in the Workplace March 12, 2018
- Paid Leave Podcast Shines Spotlight on Growing Trend March 6, 2018
- Machines vs. Humans in the Age of AI: Finding the Right Workplace Balance March 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence