Employees quit their jobs or get fired every day in the working world. Despite the commonality of it, separations from employment often end up being a compliance challenge for employers. That’s because strict laws require employers to be ready to… continue
Tag Archives | termination of employment
While some similarities exist between US and UK employment laws, there are fundamental differences that global employers need to be aware of when considering terminating an employee.
In a recent XpertHR webinar, Philadelphia employment attorney Jonathan A. Segal, who heads… continue
In today’s fast-paced business environment of multistate operations and frequent employee turnaround, it is vital for employers to stay on top of the myriad laws governing final wage payments.
State laws and regulations dictate exactly when an employer must provide… continue
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve
President Obama leveraged the US Labor Day holiday to launch a new paid sick leave initiative for employees of federal contractors, aiming to cover some… continue
It takes a special kind of Scrooge to terminate employees during the holiday season, but alas, the end of the Gregorian calendar often coincides with budget reevaluation and/or employee performance appraisals, making the holiday season a potential minefield… continue
In today’s corporate environment of multistate operations and frequent layoffs, it is vital for employers that pay employees in more than one state to stay abreast of the termination pay laws. State laws and regulations dictate when an employer must… continue
If you thought terminating an employee was hard, try terminating an employee who already resents you and with whom you share the dinner table!
Following the traumatic (and literal) termination of Brian the Dog in the popular sit-com “Family Guy,”… continue
Successful U.S. HR professionals are excellent multi-taskers. They know how to recruit and retain the best talent, foster employee engagement, monitor employee performance and information distribution and proactively comply with ever-changing legislation – all while positioning their companies to be… continue
A question for US employers: How would you treat a ‘hero’ employee at your organization?
If an employee has reacted to exceptional circumstances by stepping outside of their day-to-day responsibilities in order to help others, would your first response be… continue
I appeared on everyone’s favorite HR talk show this afternoon, @DriveThruHR with Bryan Wempen (@bryanwempen) and William Tincup (@williamtincup) to discuss all things termination in 2013.
Listen to the taping here: Mike Jacobson at Lunch with Drive Thru HR.
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Major Disruptions Will Soon Shape the Future of Benefits September 19, 2017
- 9 Key Tips for Religious Accommodation in the Workplace September 14, 2017
- 5 Ways HR Can Promote Volunteerism in Hurricane Irma’s Wake September 12, 2017
- A 9/11 Look at Employee Political Extremism September 11, 2017
- Millennials: Value-Add to Your Workplace or Destroyers of Everything? September 7, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...