Tag Archives | telecommuting
Beth Zoller January 9, 2017
What are the key compliance issues facing employers in 2017? And what are the implications of a new unified Republican government in Washington DC? With federal, state and local laws and agency actions in flux, employers need to be on… continue
Beth Zoller December 8, 2016
Celebrating the holidays at work can be a good way to encourage team camaraderie, thank employees for their service and create a more festive atmosphere. However, it is critical to proceed cautiously and maintain a professional environment, whether at an… continue
Beth Zoller June 16, 2016
Muslims around the world are celebrating the month-long religious holiday of Ramadan from June 5 to July 5. As part of their observance, many Muslims are required to fast and refrain from eating and drinking from sunrise to sunset. Many… continue
Beth Zoller May 9, 2016
With summer around the corner, it’s not too early to make sure that your employee handbook and workplace policies adequately address issues involving interns, seasonal workers, time off and more. To reduce the risk of a lawsuit, here are five… continue
Michael Cardman January 21, 2016
With a major winter storm threatening to hit much of the East Coast, now is a great time to review wage and hour requirements for paying employees should it become necessary to close a work site. When a work site… continue
Beth Zoller January 5, 2016
In the past year, a host of court cases, legislation and regulatory actions have questioned the very nature of who is considered an employer and who is considered an employee along with what rights and benefits employees should be entitled… continue
Michael Jacobson September 30, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve Mega-contractor Haliburton will pay dearly for FLSA missteps, to the tune of over $18.3 million. In what the DOL said was one of the “largest… continue
David Weisenfeld August 25, 2015
More than 30 million Americans work remotely at least one day per week. And telecommuting is likely to increase even further in the years ahead. But a virtual work world also brings along many potential compliance issues that an employer… continue
Beth Zoller June 17, 2015
Summer often means more casual dress, office parties, a new crop of interns and vacation time. However, it is critical for an employer to have the proper workplace policies and procedures in place to effectively handle summer issues and avoid… continue
Melissa Burdorf May 16, 2013
What’s the best approach to take on parental leave benefits when it comes to recruiting and retaining existing, new or expectant parents? Is it all about paid leave? Or should the focus be on work-life balance? Or maybe a little… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How HR Challenges Will Change and Evolve in 2019 September 18, 2018
- 7 Ways to Ease Open Enrollment Headaches for 2019 September 12, 2018
- Why Zero-Tolerance Policies Make Little Sense September 7, 2018
- Hurricane-Related Hazards Blow in for Employers September 4, 2018
- How to Prepare for Back-to-School Leave Requests August 29, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence