Tag Archives | social media
David Weisenfeld October 9, 2015
Can employees actually trust Human Resources? Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos got more than he bargained for this summer after inviting employees to come forward to the company’s HR department with their concerns following a controversy about Amazon’s workplace culture.… continue
Beth Zoller November 4, 2014
When it comes to employee handbooks, employers should commit to managing them as ever-evolving documents which should be kept current and updated and amended based on changes and trends in the law, culture and society. Here are five need to… continue
Melissa Gonzalez Boyce November 5, 2013
Now, more than ever, US non-union employers cannot afford to ignore the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), simply because they do not have a unionized workforce. The fact is that the NLRA provides union and non-union employees alike the right… continue
David Weisenfeld October 22, 2013
With social media developments changing faster than the weather, what’s a diligent employer to do? Those that fail to take adequate precautions could find their company a mere mouse click away from litigation. If you’re a bit flummoxed by any… continue
Beth Zoller June 27, 2013
It seems as if everywhere you turn today, employee social media use is on the rise. From Facebook to LinkedIn to Twitter to Pintrest, the proliferation of social media platforms keeps growing. In fact, just this year, Twitter launched a… continue
Beth Zoller June 21, 2013
A majority of US employers now have policies on employee social media use in place. But few are following up on their policies with appropriate social media training. This is according to a recent survey by XpertHR and Emedia of… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- The NLRB Goes Back to the Future January 17, 2018
- Superstar Sexual Harassment Revelations Roil the Workplace January 10, 2018
- New ACA Developments May Affect Employers January 9, 2018
- 2018 Rings in Host of New Employment Laws January 2, 2018
- HR Intel Year End Edition: HR’s Secret to Success in 2018 December 27, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence