Tag Archives | shrm
Top 7 Workplace Trends in 2016 – Key Takeaways from SHRM’s Employment Law and Legislation Conference 2016
Peggy Carter-Ward March 31, 2016
SHRM’s March 2016 Employment Law and Legislative conference in Washington DC could have been titled “It’s a Whole New Workplace – Where do I start?” With a slate of politicos, thought leaders, Pulitzer winning authors and Washington insiders, it was… continue
Michael Cardman March 18, 2016
The US Department of Labor’s new Fair Labor Standards Act regulations, which are expected to double the minimum salary for overtime-exempt employees, are coming out any day now and will probably take effect 60 days after their publication. Earlier this… continue
Alicia Smith June 30, 2015
It was record-breaking attendance at this year’s Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)’s 2015 Annual Conference in Las Vegas. Nearly 16,000 registered attendees (myself included) braved the hot desert sun – and seemingly endless references to “a dry heat”- to… continue
Michael Cardman March 21, 2014
With about 30 sessions spread over just two days, the Society for Human Resource Management’s 2014 Employment Law and Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C., offered more information than any one person could take in. Fortunately, social media provided observations and… continue
Marta Moakley February 21, 2014
On February 19, my colleague Beth Zoller and I had the amazing opportunity to chat with @WeKnowNext during #Nextchat. As always, HR wisdom spread over the Twitterverse at breakneck speed. Indulge me as I continue to expound upon certain themes… continue
Marta Moakley June 13, 2013
HR’s Kind of Town, Chicago Is. In just a couple of days, thousands of HR professionals will descend upon the Windy City to attend SHRM 2013. Keynote Speakers This year’s keynote speakers include a rather impressive group: former Secretary of… continue
Michael Cardman March 18, 2013
Last week, I had the pleasure of attending the Society of Human Resources Management’s 2013 Employment Law and Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. Hundreds of HR professionals from around the nation gathered to network and to learn about the latest… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How HR Challenges Will Change and Transform from 2017 to 2018 October 12, 2017
- 5 Ways to Cultivate Employee Development to its Greatest Potential October 11, 2017
- 10 Employment Lessons From the Land Down Under October 9, 2017
- The Golden Opportunity: Hiring Older Workers and Retirees October 4, 2017
- Equifax Incident Highlights Data Breach Risks for Employers October 2, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management ADA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace violence