Tag Archives | salary history
Michael Jacobson May 2, 2018
Let’s be fair and assume that when you did your most recent handbook update – historically that would be end of 2017 or early 2018 – you prudently accounted for the dozens of laws that would change around the country… continue
Beth Zoller April 30, 2018
Among the hottest trends an employer needs to be aware of in the US today is the push for pay equity and the multiple efforts to close the persistent wage gap between men and women. It is essential for employers… continue
Beth Zoller March 29, 2018
“Life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” Interestingly enough, this often quoted line from the beloved ‘80s movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” can apply to the workplace today.… continue
David Weisenfeld January 2, 2018
As the calendar turns to 2018, there are a host of new employment laws at the state and municipal levels that took effect December 31 or January 1 of which employers must be aware. Not surprisingly, a massive number of… continue
Beth Zoller December 7, 2017
As 2018 draws near, employers need to take a long hard look at their workforce and gear up for the challenges that lie ahead. To get a pulse on what the top HR and employment issues are in the workplace… continue
David Weisenfeld November 20, 2017
Employers may want to think twice before asking job applicants about their current or past salaries. Nine jurisdictions have passed laws banning or restricting such questions, most of them doing so in 2017. And the trend appears certain to continue… continue
David Weisenfeld October 23, 2017
While most think of October for fall foliage, Halloween and perhaps playoff baseball, in California it’s also the month when big employment law changes became official. Governor Jerry Brown kept his pen busy in signing a host of new laws… continue
Beth Zoller August 23, 2017
Illinois employers should take into account that several new developments have hit the Land of Lincoln that will have a significant impact on workplace policies, practices and procedures. What’s more, it’s not just the state of Illinois that has enacted… continue
David Weisenfeld August 17, 2017
It’s no secret that California is often at or near the forefront when it comes to new developments to expand employee protections. Sometimes, these measures become a bit of an outlier. But on many occasions, with minimum wage hikes being… continue
Beth Zoller July 24, 2017
When it comes to state and municipal employment legislation, the Empire State and the Big Apple are leading the way in seeking to level the playing field between employers and employees by ensuring workers a fair wage, added leave protections… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 5 Ways to Make Your Workplace More Veteran Friendly May 22, 2018
- 7 Questions to Consider Before Taking on an Unpaid Intern May 16, 2018
- Why US Employers Can’t Ignore EU’s General Data Protection Regulation May 11, 2018
- Helping Employees Disconnect from Work in the Digital Age May 8, 2018
- Pay Equity Efforts Gain Momentum May 4, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence