Tag Archives | payroll
Rena Pirsos September 26, 2017
Almost the entire US federal tax system hinges on one little form – Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. As an employee, I take for granted that my employer will correctly complete my W-2, get my copy to me on… continue
Rena Pirsos August 3, 2017
An overpayment of wages can occur for many different reasons, such as inaccurate or delayed payroll processing, inaccurate accruals upon an employee’s termination, payroll system failure or simple clerical error. Regardless of why the overpayment occurred, the employee is not… continue
Rena Pirsos April 7, 2017
Employees quit their jobs or get fired every day in the working world. Despite the commonality of it, separations from employment often end up being a compliance challenge for employers. That’s because strict laws require employers to be ready to… continue
Rena Pirsos November 16, 2016
Even though tax year 2016 did not see major legislative changes related to payroll processing, the significant effects of the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 is undoubtedly on the minds of all payroll professionals. The PATH… continue
Rena Pirsos February 29, 2016
You probably know that today is Leap Day and that 2016 is a leap year, which occurs every four years. According to 5th century Irish tradition, leap year is a good year for women to make marriage proposals to men.… continue
Rena Pirsos November 30, 2015
At this time of year, HR and payroll professionals are currently busy filing their usual year-end employment tax returns and making system changes for 2016. But on top of that, employers in some states will have to deal with the… continue
Michael Jacobson November 24, 2015
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve The NLRB’s joint employer ruling is still hanging over employers’ heads, but at least one employer can be thankful entering this holiday season. … continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 4 Practical Tips for Minimizing the Risks of Contingent Labor October 20, 2017
- Harvey Weinstein and Top Sexual Harassment Mistakes Employers Make October 18, 2017
- How HR Challenges Will Change and Transform from 2017 to 2018 October 12, 2017
- 5 Ways to Cultivate Employee Development to its Greatest Potential October 11, 2017
- 10 Employment Lessons From the Land Down Under October 9, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management ADA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace violence