An overpayment of wages can occur for many different reasons, such as inaccurate or delayed payroll processing, inaccurate accruals upon an employee’s termination, payroll system failure or simple clerical error. Regardless of why the overpayment occurred, the employee is not… continue
Tag Archives | payroll
Employees quit their jobs or get fired every day in the working world. Despite the commonality of it, separations from employment often end up being a compliance challenge for employers. That’s because strict laws require employers to be ready to… continue
Even though tax year 2016 did not see major legislative changes related to payroll processing, the significant effects of the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 is undoubtedly on the minds of all payroll professionals.
The PATH… continue
You probably know that today is Leap Day and that 2016 is a leap year, which occurs every four years. According to 5th century Irish tradition, leap year is a good year for women to make marriage proposals to men.… continue
At this time of year, HR and payroll professionals are currently busy filing their usual year-end employment tax returns and making system changes for 2016. But on top of that, employers in some states will have to deal with the… continue
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve
The NLRB’s joint employer ruling is still hanging over employers’ heads, but at least one employer can be thankful entering this holiday season. … continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- California Remains Bellwether State for Expanded Employee Protections August 17, 2017
- 10 Employee Handbook Mistakes Your Organization May Be Making August 10, 2017
- Florida Workplace Trends 2017: The One Question Employers Should Be Asking August 9, 2017
- 4 Key Steps to Recouping Wage Overpayments August 3, 2017
- Don’t Mess with Texas: a Quick Draw on Lone Star State Employment Law August 1, 2017
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....