Tag Archives | payroll taxes
Rena Pirsos December 12, 2017
During the holidays, many employers opt to give gifts to employees and host parties as a gesture of good will, a reward for achievements during the past year, or a morale booster to encourage continued good performance in the year… continue
Beth Zoller December 15, 2016
With the holidays fast approaching, exchanging gifts in the workplace can be a good way to celebrate the spirit of the season and show appreciation, gratitude and goodwill towards supervisors, employees and co-workers. However, it may be helpful for employers… continue
Rena Pirsos December 12, 2014
With the holiday season upon us, HR and payroll departments are heavily focused on closing out the year’s payroll and preparing for 2015. Employers must update various processes and systems in order to implement annual changes in employment tax forms… continue
David Weisenfeld August 9, 2013
In a new XpertHR podcast, key members of our US editorial team discuss the impact on HR of the historic US Supreme Court ruling in United States v. Windsor to strike down Section 3 of the federal Defense of Marriage… continue
Rena Pirsos July 23, 2013
A new XpertHR infographic provides an in-depth look at the history of US payroll taxes and how employers have rapidly become the nation’s central tax collector. It’s no secret the US tax system has become so complex over the past… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Unlimited Vacation Time Presents Pros and Cons for Employers October 16, 2018
- Workplace Sexual Harassment Prevention: One Year After #MeToo October 9, 2018
- HR Pros Brace for Open Enrollment Season October 4, 2018
- 5 Things Employers Need to Know About Domestic Violence at Work October 1, 2018
- Determining What Your CEO Cares About (And Adjusting Your Messaging Appropriately) September 26, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA age discrimination background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence