Tag Archives | paid sick leave
Michael Jacobson October 13, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Mergers, acquisitions and corporate transformations continue to steal the show. Since we covered the largest beer deal ever in our last HR Intel post,… continue
Melissa Burdorf September 17, 2015
The paid sick leave revolution is upon us! From 2014 to 2015, the number of paid sick leave laws in the US more than doubled. As of today, four states and more than 20 municipalities have created their own paid… continue
Michael Jacobson September 15, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve President Obama leveraged the US Labor Day holiday to launch a new paid sick leave initiative for employees of federal contractors, aiming to cover some… continue
Beth Zoller May 19, 2015
California employers face a host of unique employment law issues at both the state and local levels that must be taken into account when developing, implementing and enforcing employee handbooks. Littler Mendelson employment attorneys Chris Cobey and Ben Emmert, of… continue
Beth Zoller May 5, 2015
California continues to lead the way in expanding the rights of employees and obligations of employers in the workplace in many areas. This should come as no surprise to employers and HR since the California Fair Employment and Housing Act… continue
Beth Zoller February 13, 2015
A recent XpertHR webinar features employee handbook issues and reveals some rather interesting findings. Presented by Littler Mendelson employment attorney Chris Cobey, the webinar explores a multitude of legal trends, including paid sick leave, minimum wage changes and more. During… continue
Beth Zoller January 13, 2015
As we say hello to 2015, a number of new leave laws may have a significant impact on employee handbooks. If you have not updated your handbook in the past year or two, chances are it is not compliant with… continue
David Weisenfeld January 9, 2015
As the Times Square ball dropped in New York City to ring in the new year, a host of new employment laws across the US took effect. Some of the key developments include a multitude of state minimum wage… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- The NLRB Goes Back to the Future January 17, 2018
- Superstar Sexual Harassment Revelations Roil the Workplace January 10, 2018
- New ACA Developments May Affect Employers January 9, 2018
- 2018 Rings in Host of New Employment Laws January 2, 2018
- HR Intel Year End Edition: HR’s Secret to Success in 2018 December 27, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence