Tag Archives | minimum wage
Michael Cardman September 22, 2015
It’s hard to imagine now, but it was just about two years ago when the White House first endorsed the idea of a $10.10 minimum wage. Although a $10.10 minimum wage never took hold nationally, many cities and even some… continue
Michael Jacobson September 15, 2015
A roundup of workplace trends and legal developments to keep HR ahead of the curve President Obama leveraged the US Labor Day holiday to launch a new paid sick leave initiative for employees of federal contractors, aiming to cover some… continue
Beth Zoller February 13, 2015
A recent XpertHR webinar features employee handbook issues and reveals some rather interesting findings. Presented by Littler Mendelson employment attorney Chris Cobey, the webinar explores a multitude of legal trends, including paid sick leave, minimum wage changes and more. During… continue
David Weisenfeld January 20, 2015
Is wage theft on the rise among employers? Some reports estimate that wage theft is costing US employees billions of dollars per year. The Department of Labor certainly has taken note and stepped up investigations into this issue. XpertHR Legal… continue
David Weisenfeld January 9, 2015
As the Times Square ball dropped in New York City to ring in the new year, a host of new employment laws across the US took effect. Some of the key developments include a multitude of state minimum wage… continue
Michael Cardman January 8, 2015
Wage and hour issues have presented significant compliance challenges for HR during the past several years, and 2015 promises to be no different. Here are three trends that should be on everyone’s radar screen for the upcoming year.
1. State… continue
1. State… continue
Michael Cardman November 18, 2013
Changes in the US political and economic climate have boosted the odds that more states will increase their minimum wages in the coming year. In the 2004 and 2006 elections, voters in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Missouri, Montana, Nevada and Ohio… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- The NLRB Goes Back to the Future January 17, 2018
- Superstar Sexual Harassment Revelations Roil the Workplace January 10, 2018
- New ACA Developments May Affect Employers January 9, 2018
- 2018 Rings in Host of New Employment Laws January 2, 2018
- HR Intel Year End Edition: HR’s Secret to Success in 2018 December 27, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence